The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well finger prints i guess...Take them anyway :smile:
Reply 2
what do they say?
The police will be able to match up the letters to the type of printer used - I can't remember how, but it's something to do with the positions of the inkjets or something. That may help them to determine whether this person is, in fact, the culprit. After all, if they become evasive when asked "Do you own an HP Deskjet 3745"- you kind of think they have something to hide.
Reply 4
I'd tell, better to be safe than sorry.
Definitely, go to the police!
Yep go to the police and tell us what the letters said while your at it, i need a bit of drama.
Reply 7
^me too, enzymes are getting boring (revision.)
if you get anymore letters, bag them up straight away. You'll need to do that in case the letters need fingerprinting and definetly report it as it is a criminal offence to send threatening letters.
Reply 9
Go to the police with this letter and explain that you had another and threw it away. Tell them who you think it might be. If you get any more take them to the police as well - if you can tell what it is before you open it then don't open it - take it to them still sealed, there will be alot less fingerprints on the letter is they get it still sealed.

Also, you don't say in what way they are threatning, if is is really worrying you talk to your parents, a friend of something and explain about them.
Reply 10
I have a feeling that it might be an ex-boyfriend who lets just say was a little posessive - hence why he is an ex. Its just the tone of the letters - this person seems to think I have done them wrong and I will get what's coming to me so I should watch my back - that sort of thing. I honestly can't think of anyone else it could be and a friend said recently that he had been asking about me because he heard I was seeing someone. (which Im not). Another reason is that Ive seen his car driving past a lot and he has no reason really to be driving round near my house - its a residential area and there are no shops/facilities closeby etc. Or maybe I am getting paranoid?

I never had to do much to upset this guy at the best of times - he was never violent or anything though.
It sounds like there probably is good reason for you to be upset. I would at the very least tell a friend or you parents about the letters so that they can keep an eye out for him hanging around etc. I don't really know what else to suggest though, I would still go to the police, esp if you think the threats could become more/be carried out. At least if you tell the police know they will already be aware of it if anything else comes from it.

I would tell the friend that he has been asking about you, so that they know to be abit more wary when he asks stuff about you (and not to give him any phone numbers etc.) I guess alot of it depends how you want to play it, if you feel that you could go the police about him, or if you could talk to some of his friends, who could talk to him etc. Hope you get it sorted out though!
What happened!!
Reply 13
wow. such a thing actually happens in reality? i was planning to do something like this to someone, but i decided not to. man, life can get pretty coincidental and amusing at times.
to judeX, if you're too frightened about the threatening letters, then perhaps going to the police would be a good idea since what's written on it is scaring the wits out of you.
Reply 14
It's Harold Bishop.

An eye for an eye, Robinson.

No, seriously go to the police.
Reply 15
Fleece
It's Harold Bishop.

An eye for an eye, Robinson.

Hehe.

I'm easily amused by any Harold Bishop related humour.
Reply 16
Go to la polizi!
They will analyse the saliva on the envelope and track down the mystery sender!
michaelnicholson88
The police will be able to match up the letters to the type of printer used - I can't remember how, but it's something to do with the positions of the inkjets or something. That may help them to determine whether this person is, in fact, the culprit. After all, if they become evasive when asked "Do you own an HP Deskjet 3745"- you kind of think they have something to hide.

LOL I learnt that off CSI
Phoenix CG
LOL I learnt that off CSI

I saw that episode:p:

Latest