Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

rag curls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how do you do them?

my perm is rank now and i want big over the top curls i tired it with curling tongs but they just fell out

ReputationRep:
    dont bother. i've done ragging and its just too much bother. it was before they had tongs :P
    before using your curling tongs..when you take the bit of hair to curl.. spray it with hairspray or run a little mousse through it... THEN tong it... i know it'll make a small fizzle sound but the curl is gonna stay there like you were born with it.

here.. some pics of me when i did it (the mousse+heated tong thing).. i kept the curls in for 3 days would you believe. and they didn't budge

sarah

ReputationRep:
    It takes AGES!!! My next door neighbour did them for me once and it took over an hour of constant hair tugging The results were excellent though :p:

I'm no good at using curling tongs though I need to find a 'How to...' guide for doing it!!!

Your hair looks great by the way, hapa_girl!

ReputationRep:
    hapa_girl your hair looks amazing

ReputationRep:
    irish dancing competitions teach ya somethin!!haha . u have to tie the rags at the top of ur hair with about an inch and a half gap from ur scalf.the u wind the hair and rag round eachother .wind it back up again and tie at the top again. i recommend using some product that will set it because if u have thin hair its likely to fall out.but using those tongs that you squeeze probably gives the same results!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow hapa_girl gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Your beautiful....wow ! My jaw has dropped to the floor and is not coming back up again for a long time :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lollipopsticks)
    irish dancing competitions teach ya somethin!!haha . u have to tie the rags at the top of ur hair with about an inch and a half gap from ur scalf.the u wind the hair and rag round eachother .wind it back up again and tie at the top again. i recommend using some product that will set it because if u have thin hair its likely to fall out.but using those tongs that you squeeze probably gives the same results!!
    How long does it usually take you to do that? And do you actually use rags, or are there other things you can use? I know my neighbour used rags.

ReputationRep:
    takes about an hour depending on hom much hair u have and how tight/many curls u want.the more hair you put in 1 rag the quicker u will get it done.yea i just used strips of material .probably works the best because i tried the foam with metal down the middle and the curls arent as defined

ReputationRep:
    is bloody right!!!!!! - after a while I nicely invested in a dancing wig :cool: cause mine fell out before before I got called for dancing and looked awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelee-jublee)
    How long does it usually take you to do that? And do you actually use rags, or are there other things you can use? I know my neighbour used rags.
    you can use rags, tights anything really which you can tie in your hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*~ Tammy ~*~)
    is bloody right!!!!!! - after a while I nicely invested in a dancing wig :cool: cause mine fell out before before I got called for dancing and looked awful
    haha walkin round belfast etc wearin these rags(that had elephants on the material) with a hairnet over the top in a cloud of hairspray wasnt really a good look!!

ReputationRep:
    haha walkin round belfast etc wearin these rags(that had elephants on the material) with a hairnet over the top in a cloud of hairspray wasnt really a good look!!
    I'm lucky I live in the vast countryside that is Co. Tyrone, no one seen my rags, unless I went to school and had to wear a silly hat over them oh how us girls disgraced ourselves for the want of curls hehehe :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha yesh

ReputationRep:
    I just tend to curl my hair into two or three buns and leave them overnight. I did it just for about ten to fifteen minutes earlier, and now I have these sort of wavy curls that I really like!

ReputationRep:
    have u got any pics because ppl always say 2 do this but i duno wot the final outcome is like...?

ReputationRep:
    Putting your hair in rags over night usually gives you ringlets not curls, also it is very uncomfortable to sleep on! I've used rags before but there a bit of a hassle, you can get bendy rollers which work in the same way as rags but are easier to use.

To be honest though I find that the rollers/rags give very messy ringlets and I much prefer using heated rollers. They are quicker, easier to use and give much bigger, neater curls. I have pictures but there black and white so don't give that good idea, plus I look like an idiot!

ReputationRep:
    hapa girl i hate you what i might do it do half my head in tongs today and then see how that goes and if its **** i'll wash them out a use the rags.

i did the frount of my hair last night and this morning they didnt come out perfect but im going out and its gonna be dark to it doesnt matter lol they did look cute tho

ReputationRep:
    thankyou!

and good luck if you decide to rag or tong it gossip_girl!

sarah

ReputationRep:
    ok so they went alright i think

ive got some pics sorry they are so crap but i did them myself and it was hard to take them lol

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...y/2dd91784.jpg
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...y/34bb6ab0.jpg
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...y/1ea52d33.jpg
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...fmyhair005.jpg

sorry the pics really are ****

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.