Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, bit of classic backstory first...

Boy meets girl. Boy starts having feelings but doesn't have the confidence to ask her out. Girl moves on and gets a boyfriend. Boy and girl remain friends although boy still secretly wants girl. Girl becomes single again. Finally boy finds the courage to tell the girl how he has felt all along.

I was tired of feeling so sad and just wanted to move on with my life, so when I told her how I felt about her, it was a great weight off of my shoulders and I didn't expect her to reciprocate.

We talked for a while about how she feels she makes wrong choices in men and how she's sorry if she led me on, which I can appreciate. We are both completely sober at this point. She also mentions how she knew I liked her the whole time.

Then she starts drinking a lot in a short space of time. After talking for a little while longer she asks me to kiss her. I naturally lean in and kiss her. For the next few hours we are making out in her bed. I ask her about why she purposefully got drunk and she said 'because I wanted it to happen'. Why use this as an excuse to do anything with me?

The next day I get the cliche talk on how she doesn't want a relationship right now, and that we will be going our separate ways soon. I accept that, although I'm not happy with it.

I'm just a bit uneasy with why she had to become intoxicated to want to kiss me. I asked her about that night, why it happened, and she says 'it would be something good to remember'.

It's not good for me. I regret the night ever happened because all my feelings for her were just cemented even further. I guess I feel a bit angry/annoyed and slightly used although I'm not sure if I should be.

Any thoughts or opinions would be nice

ReputationRep:
    I can understand feeling used, because it sounds like she was on the rebound with you but then realized her mistake and is now going to go her separate way.
    "I don't want a relationship right now" just means "I don't want a relationship right now with you in particular".

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Your annoyance with this situation is justified, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry)
    I can understand feeling used, because it sounds like she was on the rebound with you but then realized her mistake and is now going to go her separate way.
    "I don't want a relationship right now" just means "I don't want a relationship right now with you in particular".

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Your annoyance with this situation is justified, imo.
    Pretty much this.

Well just as expected, the girl got back together with her boyfriend a few weeks later.

Now I just feel so stupid to let this girl play with my emotions.
    She's my closest friend, but I just feel betrayed and when she told me she was getting back together she had the most sly smirk on her face.

I think I just have to never speak to her again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.