Turn on thread page Beta

how about wealth management is it any good? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    every one is focused so much on investment banking and stuff. perhaps wealth management is not bad i hear if your lucky enough to manage one of those middle eastern oil guys wealth your in good business any one have ne thoughts on dis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talentless)
    every one is focused so much on investment banking and stuff. perhaps wealth management is not bad i hear if your lucky enough to manage one of those middle eastern oil guys wealth your in good business any one have ne thoughts on dis?

Are you so sure that you will luckly encounter those oil guys?
    So please consider the common situation but never the special one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talentless)
    I know that some people at a BB in private wealth management were earning around £2.5m at the age of 27/8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanChina)
    Are you so sure that you will luckly encounter those oil guys?
    So please consider the common situation but never the special one
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for ressurrecting an old thread but, yes, wealth management can pay VERY well. If you want some details of what my dad made, PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kb500)
    I know that some people at a BB in private wealth management were earning around £2.5m at the age of 27/8.
    Are you serious? £2,5m as in the money they take home with them every year? wow, thats huge. im surprised What is a BB?

ReputationRep:
    Bulge Bracket = big banks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 stone of genius)
    Are you serious? £2,5m as in the money they take home with them every year? wow, thats huge. im surprised What is a BB?
    BBs traditionally the top 3 of Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch. Can also refer to some of the other big players but these are the three main ones. Yeah it is a lot and these guys weren't managing any clients who had anything to do with oil lol.

ReputationRep:
    Go ML !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 stone of genius)
    Bulge bracket is a finance term referring to the first group listed on the 'tombstone'. That is, the group of firms in an underwriting syndicate (a group of investment banks) who are responsible for selling the largest amounts of the stock to investors.
    More information here.

ReputationRep:
    thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.