Pink Sparkles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
New Hall have asked me to send in a copy of all my certificates of exams ive sat since the age of 16. I can send them a copy of my GCSE results but my AS Levels were not cashed in by my school. So shall i just send them my GCSE certificates? :confused: Do you guys reckon they'll want proof of my AS grades? Thanks.
Jigglypuff
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey, I got confused by this too. I only have GCSE certificates, I will be presented with A2 certificates after results. I don't think schools generally distribute AS certificates, so GCSE should be fine. My letter from King's says something like 'Send in GCE certificates (if appropriate)'. In our cases, it's not, so I wouldn't worry.
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
Thanks Jigglypuff I thought my school was just being really weird or something :p:
Niccolo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pink Sparkles)
New Hall have asked me to send in a copy of all my certificates of exams ive sat since the age of 16. I can send them a copy of my GCSE results but my AS Levels were not cashed in by my school. So shall i just send them my GCSE certificates? :confused: Do you guys reckon they'll want proof of my AS grades? Thanks.
Yeah im pretty sure cambridge checks AS grades electronically, given that most schools dont bother giving out the certificates separately, and just wait til the A2. I also think they verify the UMS points you write on the special questionnaire via the exam boards as well. I wouldnt worry.
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
Cheers
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what? I thought universities didn't ask for certificates...
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by WokSz)
what? I thought universities didn't ask for certificates...
Of course they will; it's the only way of determing the validity of your declared grades.
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knogle)
Of course they will; it's the only way of determing the validity of your declared grades.
Yeah otherwise we could all just make up grades and say we had full marks in every subject or something.
apd35
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pink Sparkles)
You might want to send a copy of your results from AS, it may not be a certificate but it at least shows you got that result, that's what I did last year anyway.
moojoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do all colleges asked for certificates? Surely it would make sense for them to wait 'til after A2 exams, seeing as acceptance is conditional on those anyway!
WM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No need to worry. It's just for completenesses sake really. Just send your GCSE ones. I've been here for 2 terms now and I still haven't given them copies of my AS or A-Level certificates......they don't seem bothered. If they are (which I some how doubt) they will contact you again.

Really - don't worry.
Aired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I just sent my psychology (dropped after AS) and GCSE certificates.
drifter
Report 13 years ago
i duno about the other colleges, but queens has asked for copies of all certificates only once we have received them all. ie in august when we get our results, they have said not to send them in until then...
popop12345
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Jigglypuff)
Hey, I don't think schools generally distribute AS certificates, so I wouldn't worry.

Myn did!:rolleyes:
bob_54321
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i haven't been contacted about this yet. perhaps they will just wait. hmm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (57)
24.46%
My career doesn't need one (30)