Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    New Hall have asked me to send in a copy of all my certificates of exams ive sat since the age of 16. I can send them a copy of my GCSE results but my AS Levels were not cashed in by my school. So shall i just send them my GCSE certificates? :confused: Do you guys reckon they'll want proof of my AS grades? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got confused by this too. I only have GCSE certificates, I will be presented with A2 certificates after results. I don't think schools generally distribute AS certificates, so GCSE should be fine. My letter from King's says something like 'Send in GCE certificates (if appropriate)'. In our cases, it's not, so I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Jigglypuff I thought my school was just being really weird or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    New Hall have asked me to send in a copy of all my certificates of exams ive sat since the age of 16. I can send them a copy of my GCSE results but my AS Levels were not cashed in by my school. So shall i just send them my GCSE certificates? :confused: Do you guys reckon they'll want proof of my AS grades? Thanks.
    Yeah im pretty sure cambridge checks AS grades electronically, given that most schools dont bother giving out the certificates separately, and just wait til the A2. I also think they verify the UMS points you write on the special questionnaire via the exam boards as well. I wouldnt worry.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    what? I thought universities didn't ask for certificates...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    what? I thought universities didn't ask for certificates...
    Of course they will; it's the only way of determing the validity of your declared grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Of course they will; it's the only way of determing the validity of your declared grades.
    Yeah otherwise we could all just make up grades and say we had full marks in every subject or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    You might want to send a copy of your results from AS, it may not be a certificate but it at least shows you got that result, that's what I did last year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Do all colleges asked for certificates? Surely it would make sense for them to wait 'til after A2 exams, seeing as acceptance is conditional on those anyway!

ReputationRep:
    No need to worry. It's just for completenesses sake really. Just send your GCSE ones. I've been here for 2 terms now and I still haven't given them copies of my AS or A-Level certificates......they don't seem bothered. If they are (which I some how doubt) they will contact you again.

Really - don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    I just sent my psychology (dropped after AS) and GCSE certificates.

ReputationRep:
    i duno about the other colleges, but queens has asked for copies of all certificates only once we have received them all. ie in august when we get our results, they have said not to send them in until then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigglypuff)
    Hey, I don't think schools generally distribute AS certificates, so I wouldn't worry.

Myn did!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i haven't been contacted about this yet. perhaps they will just wait. hmm.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.