CalculusMan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Nearly make an embaressing mistake in the title by slipping an extra c in the word cook where its not wanted.

Anyway, how can I learn to cook?

Whats easy to cook?
Crimson Black
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
EGGY BREAD!!!

Love it. Though it obviously doesn't work if you're allergic to eggs. Or bread.
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Best way is just to practice. Ask people for their recipes and have a go at making those. Some recipes people use might just be add this and that to a pan, rather than specific amounts.

Just experiment and have a bit of fun. Somethings will work, some won't (but if you're like em, I eat anything I cook, no matter how bad)
Robob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Omelette, easiest thing ever to cook. Whack 2 eggs in a bowl, add a drop of milk, and whisk it up with a fork. Get a frying pan, whack in a drop of oil, heat it up and make sure the oil spreads over the whole of the pan. Whack in the egg-milk mixture. Once the base is beginning to cook properly whack on lots of cheese, ham tomatoes etc. Let the cheese melt a bit, then whack it all under the grill untill the topping is nicely cooked. Take it out of the pan and hey presto an omeleltte. Mmmmmmm *goes and makes an omelette now he has been thinking about it*
CalculusMan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Thanks for all of your advice but I dont like eggs
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Damn.
JitsuCol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Student recipe books can be quite good. Have a good look around for them, I found the idea of cooking quite daunting when I had to start taking care of myself but now I find it really enjoyable
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Matt_2K)
Thanks for all of your advice but I dont like eggs
Lol, well nor do i actually unless they are in omlette form, in all other forms they taste disgusting
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Recipe's available online or cookbooks are a good way to start. I keep measuring cups so I can follow the directions exactly!

Spaghetti with garlic bread is an easy dinner to make. It was the first dinner I made for my family.
zany1000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
get the phone number for the local takeaway
Robob
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rob's three easy steps to cooking:

1) buy microwavable meal
2) remove sleeve and pierce plastic thing
3) Place in microwave and cook for recommended time

Seriously works everytime, breakfast, lunch or dinner you can get some delicious high salt, high fat, tastless crap
Tamiya2
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
As a broke student I've learned to be reeeeally creative when it comes to cooking.. but I do use a lot of eggs, and pretty much throw everything together in a pan and throw it in the oven. Comes out pretty good most of the time. Last night I made frozen french fries with peas and some Chinese sausage with egg and cheese and it was good!
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Given that you're doing your ASs still, you're probably at home quite a lot. Just watch your mum / dad cook (whoever's better :p: ), and then just practice that dish. Just do one dish at a time .

It worked for me!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13.07%
1 (89)
12.79%
2 (89)
12.79%
18.97%
22.56%
19.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed