Leo-Marcus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
If anyone else is doing this, let me know, because this subject is causing extreme damage to my mental well-being. I'm revising at the moment, simply by doing all the past questions I can get my grubby little hands on. Things are slowly starting to move into place within my head (think teutonic plate movements), but could still do with a bit of help.

Main problem is working out what the examiners want you to write, which isn't necessarily what most people would consider to be the right answer to the question. Furthermore, scared I might get completely stumped by something that has failed to be taught and doesn't appear explicitly in the specification. E.g. 2005 past paper asked something about recall elections - never heard of them! Oh dear.

So anyway - if anyone's got any tips, or perhaps useful websites, it would be much appreciated by both myself and those around me who fear I may succumb to cumulo-nimbus cloud of depression if I don't start finding this upward struggle less uphill and less struggling.
Lemonsoul
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't worry, because you get to choose which question to answer, doing past papers should be enough.
simeon125
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi, there i've noticed from your thread that you seem to be trying to 'predict what the examiners questions' on A2. Although this is possible especially at AS and A2 to some extent as when I was doing a question 'Iknew that there would be a question on John Kerry'/ You shouldn't be trying to do this. Theoretically you should know at least 3/4 topics, and at A2 you choose your question. Focus on the topics you know well, and look through past questions for those that you don't, then you'll have a clear understanding of the exam at A2.
alla
Report 13 years ago
I have just come upon this thread, and my reply is a bit late. There is a great link www.maths-exams.com Basically, it's all about maths, but they have recently downloded here about 500Mb of Economics and Politics revision notes and documents. They are particularly helpful for those who has chosen EdexceL route C USA politics. There is also a great topic about how to write synoptic essays and lot of sample essays too. Enjoy.
loda
Report 13 years ago
That page is really good, thanks alla!!
loda
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by loda)
That page is really good, thanks alla!!
on closer inspection its quite right wing to the extent that its a bit biased, but I'd still recommend it for examples and evaluating trends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (89)
49.44%
No (91)
50.56%

Watched Threads