Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Regina Spektor watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard of her? She has a really interesting voice and such a variety of influences, I love her. She's got a knew album out soon I believe and she'll be touring Europe some time this summer. I'd love to see her live.

Here are some sites, have a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/reginaspektor
    http://www.reginaspektor.com/index2.html

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she did some song or other with the Strokes didn't she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Yes, she did some song or other with the Strokes didn't she?
    Yeah, it's called Post Modern Girls

I've got 11:11 and Soviet Kitsch both of which are quite good, if a little quirky for my taste.

Didn't know she had a new album coming out. I thought Soviet Kitsch was fairly new...

ReputationRep:
    I like her music but I wouldn't define myself as a fan. Ghost of Corporate Future is a great song, the lyrics and all. Just fascinating and different from the mass music.

ReputationRep:
    I love Regina, if I'm in the right mood.

She's also friends/has played gigs with Amanda from the Dresden Dolls, which are another quirky band you might like to check out if you like Regina's music (not sure if they've been discussed on here).

ReputationRep:
    I do have Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers, which is a sort of compilation thing. I adore Us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satyricon)

She's also friends/has played gigs with Amanda from the Dresden Dolls, which are another quirky band you might like to check out if you like Regina's music (not sure if they've been discussed on here).
    Ah the Dolls. I await their new album (out on Monday I think) with glee. It's turning out to be a bumper year for artists I like.

ReputationRep:
    oedipus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satyricon)

Yes it often depends on my mood, just recently though I've been listening to her a lot mainly because I really love the new songs.

The Dresden Dolls are great! Can't wait to get my hands on their new album. Yep apparently Regina has a new album out soon although I don't know too much about it.

I see that several people are talking about The Dresden Dolls... if you haven't already heard the new album, you can listen here:

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds

It'll be up for about a week, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Skeptor is terrific, got three albums from an unreputable internet source. I really enjoyed them.

ReputationRep:
    I love her so much

I'd heard some of her stuff before but have just downloaded a few more of her albums, they are all fantastic. She has replaced Kings of Leon as my number one artist for today at least!

I haven't heard of the Dresden Dolls before but on first listen they seem good. Cheers for the tip satyricon!

ReputationRep:
    Regina Spektor is pretty damn good. Interesting voice, and slightly less offensive than Joanna Newsom's can be.... 'Us' is indeed a great song, you can see why Sky chose it for their advert.

ReputationRep:
    I like the song 'Samson' from 'Begin to Hope'...it's such a pretty song....really kinda uplifting.

I really suggest giving it a listen -

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...B728052BFDEB3E

Enjoy....

ReputationRep:
    Although Joanna Newsom was mentioned above, does anyone else see the similarity between both artists? Not only are they both bleedin' magical, but the voices are both distinct and interesting.

Saw Regina at T in the Park. She played a blinding thirty-minute set, squeesing in alot of favourites, mainly from "Soviet Kiestch" (yes I can spell) and her latest album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan_hmfc)
    Although Joanna Newsom was mentioned above, does anyone else see the similarity between both artists? Not only are they both bleedin' magical, but the voices are both distinct and interesting.
    I agree. Sadly I only have Soviet Kitsch, I need to get round to getting some more.

I see that Fidelity is YouTube's second most-watched video today. I've watched it at least 10 times in the past few hours. It's rather pretty until the colour comes in at the end. :p:

ReputationRep:
    samson is so beautiful

"you are my sweetest downfallllllllll..."

ReputationRep:
    She was amazing at V fest, one of the best acts I saw, she's really, really talented and her voice is so powerful live.

ReputationRep:
    She happens to be on the album that comes free with NME mag atm. A song called Carbon Monoxide. 'Tis absolutely abysmal IMO. Not saying that is the case with all her songs, but i can't see me liking them judging on this performance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2007
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.