Regina Spektor Watch

AlmostInsane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone heard of her? She has a really interesting voice and such a variety of influences, I love her. She's got a knew album out soon I believe and she'll be touring Europe some time this summer. I'd love to see her live.

Here are some sites, have a listen.

http://www.myspace.com/reginaspektor
http://www.reginaspektor.com/index2.html
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, she did some song or other with the Strokes didn't she?
meef cheese
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LibertineNorth)
Yes, she did some song or other with the Strokes didn't she?
Yeah, it's called Post Modern Girls

I've got 11:11 and Soviet Kitsch both of which are quite good, if a little quirky for my taste.

Didn't know she had a new album coming out. I thought Soviet Kitsch was fairly new...
Salla
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like her music but I wouldn't define myself as a fan. Ghost of Corporate Future is a great song, the lyrics and all. Just fascinating and different from the mass music.
satyricon
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love Regina, if I'm in the right mood.

She's also friends/has played gigs with Amanda from the Dresden Dolls, which are another quirky band you might like to check out if you like Regina's music (not sure if they've been discussed on here).
The Black Rider
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do have Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers, which is a sort of compilation thing. I adore Us.
The Black Rider
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by satyricon)

She's also friends/has played gigs with Amanda from the Dresden Dolls, which are another quirky band you might like to check out if you like Regina's music (not sure if they've been discussed on here).
Ah the Dolls. I await their new album (out on Monday I think) with glee. It's turning out to be a bumper year for artists I like.
abelard
Report 13 years ago
oedipus!
AlmostInsane
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by satyricon)

Yes it often depends on my mood, just recently though I've been listening to her a lot mainly because I really love the new songs.

The Dresden Dolls are great! Can't wait to get my hands on their new album. Yep apparently Regina has a new album out soon although I don't know too much about it.
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
I see that several people are talking about The Dresden Dolls... if you haven't already heard the new album, you can listen here:

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds

It'll be up for about a week, I think.
Alchemy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Skeptor is terrific, got three albums from an unreputable internet source. I really enjoyed them.
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love her so much

I'd heard some of her stuff before but have just downloaded a few more of her albums, they are all fantastic. She has replaced Kings of Leon as my number one artist for today at least!

I haven't heard of the Dresden Dolls before but on first listen they seem good. Cheers for the tip satyricon!
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Regina Spektor is pretty damn good. Interesting voice, and slightly less offensive than Joanna Newsom's can be.... 'Us' is indeed a great song, you can see why Sky chose it for their advert.
The OK Kid Computer Thief
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like the song 'Samson' from 'Begin to Hope'...it's such a pretty song....really kinda uplifting.

I really suggest giving it a listen -

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...B728052BFDEB3E

Enjoy....
Euan_hmfc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Although Joanna Newsom was mentioned above, does anyone else see the similarity between both artists? Not only are they both bleedin' magical, but the voices are both distinct and interesting.

Saw Regina at T in the Park. She played a blinding thirty-minute set, squeesing in alot of favourites, mainly from "Soviet Kiestch" (yes I can spell) and her latest album.
winnie the poo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Euan_hmfc)
Although Joanna Newsom was mentioned above, does anyone else see the similarity between both artists? Not only are they both bleedin' magical, but the voices are both distinct and interesting.
I agree. Sadly I only have Soviet Kitsch, I need to get round to getting some more.
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
I see that Fidelity is YouTube's second most-watched video today. I've watched it at least 10 times in the past few hours. It's rather pretty until the colour comes in at the end. :p:
tldevil
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
samson is so beautiful

"you are my sweetest downfallllllllll..."
PinkPigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
She was amazing at V fest, one of the best acts I saw, she's really, really talented and her voice is so powerful live.
Steezy20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
She happens to be on the album that comes free with NME mag atm. A song called Carbon Monoxide. 'Tis absolutely abysmal IMO. Not saying that is the case with all her songs, but i can't see me liking them judging on this performance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (158)
51.8%
No (147)
48.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed