The Student Room Group

Help-finding roomates for very cheap accomodation

I do not think this has already been asked but I am really not sure. Me and my friends are going on holiday to Barbados this summer, there was meant to be 6 of us but 3 dropped out (how I hate unreliable friends!), the problem we have now is that we have a 7 bedroom accomodation which means we now have 4 bedrooms free, what do you think is the best way of finding people, maybe an internet site or a newspaper for these kind of things.

Thank you in advance for your help
Reply 1
try posting an ad on gapyear.com? ive seen similar there-

good luck:smile:
Reply 2
thank you for that Saoirse- that is exactly what I am going to do
Reply 3
i'll come.

50p a night. sorted.
Can't you find other friends to take the places? I know it might be hard, but surely it's worth trying to find people you might already know to fill the spaces than complete strangers :smile:
Reply 5
I would soooo prefer people that we know already to come, what happened though is we messed ourseleves up, when we first got the accomodation most people we knew wanted to come, so what we did is picked the people who we got on with the most. Now a lot of people that we are friends with are going Ayia Napa (sp?) in the holiday and most people have booked their holiday so we are stuck with this apartment that is big enough for us to have two rooms each (which I think is really illogical). I really hate friends that are unreliable this has been a BIG lesson for the future.
Lala18
I would soooo prefer people that we know already to come, what happened though is we messed ourseleves up, when we first got the accomodation most people we knew wanted to come, so what we did is picked the people who we got on with the most. Now a lot of people that we are friends with are going Ayia Napa (sp?) in the holiday and most people have booked their holiday so we are stuck with this apartment that is big enough for us to have two rooms each (which I think is really illogical). I really hate friends that are unreliable this has been a BIG lesson for the future.

Well, I guess so long as those who are still going don't have to pay more and those that have pulled out still pay their share unless new people are found, is there really a problem with having two rooms? You'll have a sleeping room and a dressing room each...plus a spare room for whatever you all went to do...
Roger Kirk
Well, I guess so long as those who are still going don't have to pay more and those that have pulled out still pay their share unless new people are found, is there really a problem with having two rooms? You'll have a sleeping room and a dressing room each...plus a spare room for whatever you all went to do...

I doubt they'd pull out if they still had to pay...
DanGrover
I doubt they'd pull out if they still had to pay...

But surely it's very wrong for people to agree to go somewhere, have it al booked and then to pull out with no financial consequences for the people pulling out.

I'd have made sure all this was sorted out before hand, that if people pulled out they still had to pay unless replacements could be found. It's only fair on everyone else really.
I'm sorry that i couldn't give u any helps!IF u will be China , i could give u a hand:smile:
I think you'd better contact with the travel agency and post an ad in newspaper
Reply 10
What we should have done was made everyone put their money for the accomodation in some kind of accoutn straight away, but we didn't thik that people who were so enthusiastic about coming would pull out. I hope anyone planning a holiday with friends (even close ones) make sure that straight away they make sure that everything is paid for, because we were SOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid. Thank you for that Jonathan I have tried the travel agency I booked my flight with but they do not advertise I am just going to try other places. If all else fails I guess we will just end up having 2 rooms each!!!!!!
Roger Kirk
But surely it's very wrong for people to agree to go somewhere, have it al booked and then to pull out with no financial consequences for the people pulling out.

I agree, which is probably why the OP keeps saying things along the lines of :"I really hate friends that are unreliable this has been a BIG lesson for the future."

But i'm sure they lost their deposit.