Turn on thread page Beta

Why have people become so stingy over rep? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It didn't use to be like this.

I would think poeple have reserved their rep for people, as can be observed by so-called "sigs" stating "to pos rep ..." and "to neg rep ...".

Firstly, why state such things in your sigs?
    Is it to show other people how much you like/dislike other members? The simple solution would be to ask a mod to add a feature of some type of reminders, which I would think has already been added (apoligise for not knowing if this is so, I havent been around long - which makes all your situation worse as then why are you using your sigs as reminders when these are available?)
    I would think you all have a very bad memory, so as to not remember who you NEED to rep and who not to.

Stop rep whoring.

User Notes, I thought.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes want to rep a specific post but have to wait for the dawn of day and know that by then, I'd have either forgotten where the post was or the thread would've moved down the pages at an alarming rate. So I just create a thing in My Links to remind me.

I also do not understand the thing in sigs.

(User Notes did used to be there, but is like, not now. It was cool cos it was private and easy to create/access but they took it away)

ReputationRep:
    It's been like this for as long as i can remember . and that is before April 2006.

ReputationRep:
    This is how it has been as long as I've been on the site. Infact the "People I like on TSR" bits of sigs seemed to have dissapeared lately due to people like you complaining. Rep whoring and sig reserving used to be a hell of a lot worse only 6months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Ban the trainer socks.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    It's the first time I've done it, but I put it in my sig because its the only place where I'm guaranteed to see it, and I don't want the people who helped me with my maths to think I wasn't grateful. Most days I jsut don't rep at all though, unless someone really annoys me

Mmm...rep.

ReputationRep:
    I think I rep quite often, mostly neg rep though to people who post ridiculous comments.

I think I might becoming a little bit bitter...

ReputationRep:
    I thinki ts weird how similar the word rep is to rape, i mean you cant positivly rape someone can you?

ReputationRep:
    What a thread!

(Original post by Evil-Tuna)
    I thinki ts weird how similar the word rep is to rape, i mean you cant positivly rape someone can you?
    :ninja: You really wanna know?:sheep:

Ban this filth!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt give a poo about it all until someone neg repped me for being an "anti white homo" in a post about nick griffin, where i showed no favour to either side of the argument (im also white, which is odd!).

then i got another one in a post where i hadnt done anything to offend anyone, i think they just used that thread to neg rep for something else. they also didnt say way. this all annoyed me.

i also lost a positive rep for whoring, which i was not doing.

i do have something in my sig, which is a moan about people not saying why they neg rep, but im about to take that out, since this thread had reminded me that im not angry anymore.

as for positive reps, i dont really care that much. i dont have that freindly relationship on here that a lot of people do. its always nice though.

(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Ban this filth!
    Rape or rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    I think I rep quite often, mostly neg rep though to people who post ridiculous comments.

I think I might becoming a little bit bitter...
    Wow i had no idea that i am among lovely people... have you changed your name? i dont remember chatting with you.

P.S.Was that ridiculous :ninja:? :afraid: neg rep on the way..

ReputationRep:
    There was some sort of rep.comp ages ago, either New Year or Advent, well I won one and a load of people gave me pos.rep as congrats, think you were on of them

No neg rep on the way lol

ReputationRep:
    And I was foolish to think that my hall of love has charmed you..

ReputationRep:
    lol, afraid not Nuheen! I'm immune to the charms of people's sigs :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    lol, afraid not Nuheen! I'm immune to the charms of people's sigs :p:
    bet you a tenner i can make you give me your pos rep.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.