Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if I like the picture or the car...but having seen the car in crappy backgrounds...I think I am actually liking it...

What do you all think...?

ReputationRep:
    So the only difference is that it's a convertible? It looks alright i guess, not quite sure if a convertible suits that car..

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    I like it . . . . and they will blatantly sell like hot cakes.

Merc sl55 AMG or Bentley Convertible??? The luxury please, although the 55 is tip top

I'd rather the 65 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I like it . . . . and they will blatantly sell like hot cakes.

Merc sl55 AMG or Bentley Convertible??? The luxury please, although the 55 is tip top

I'd rather the 65 though
    who *wouldnt* prefer the 65?

The Bentley Conti GT looks *far* too much like a Hyundai Coupe for my liking, so...

If I were looking for a convertible, I'd probably choose an AMG SL of some sort. Or a DB9, if I werent fussed about it not being a folding metal roof.

ReputationRep:
    pollution pollution

ReputationRep:
    for people who have too much money. Who don't care about the millions in this country alone living below the poverty line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HagerVor)
    for people who have too much money. Who don't care about the millions in this country alone living below the poverty line.
    Thats just wrong.

How are nice cars only for people with too much money? And why does that therefore mean that they dont care for "the millions living below the poverty line"? Perhaps people just want to enjoy their earnings? People who can afford to buy that car are not necessarily multi-billionaires who like to burn £50 notes for fun, you know.

And as for the "pollution" post. Yes. That's why the people who buy cars like that pay more for their fuel. But also bear in mind that, of all sources of pollution, cars are a relatively small part. Factories produce far more than cars do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    Thats just wrong.

How are nice cars only for people with too much money? And why does that therefore mean that they dont care for "the millions living below the poverty line"? Perhaps people just want to enjoy their earnings? People who can afford to buy that car are not necessarily multi-billionaires who like to burn £50 notes for fun, you know.
    if you can afford a car like that then you have too much money..

ever heard of charity?
    spreading the wealth?

so you'd be happy driving around in your fuel eating, stupidly expensive car when you know that you could be driving around in a 10 year old small hatchback and have saved 1000 from starvation...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if you can afford such a car then good on you. You've obviously been successful in some way...

I'd be pissed off if someone tried to stop me from buying a car myself with MY own money. Hell, in the UK we get taxed enough as it is (even though tax is lower than a lot of countries).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    To be honest if you can afford such a car then good on you. You've obviously been successful in some way...
    like been in the right person's will?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    or been successful at the exploitation of others??

ReputationRep:
    perhaps, so what though? Most people in the UK are not in absolute poverty and most people I know who have stuff like that have made it through working hard and setting up their own businesses which have then been successful. I sure as hell wouldn't drive around in a 10 year old shoebox just because its 'saving 1000 people from poverty'. Maybe in an ideal world people would, however this world is not ideal and thus people always wish to satisfy their wants. Ultimately its someones money to do what they want with.

ReputationRep:
    and at the comment of 'successful at the exploitation of others' I'm starting to get slightly pissed off. Businesses provide a service. Its up to an individual if they wish to choose to take that service.

Go back to being a sodding left wing hippie.

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but last time I checked this was a forum about cars, not the rights and wrongs of this world? For what it's worth if no one's allowed (by law/other people's ethics or any other means) to be better off than anyone else where is the motivation to achieve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    I sure as hell wouldn't drive around in a 10 year old shoebox just because its 'saving 1000 people from poverty'.
    well thats as selfish as you can get..

you would put your needs above the needs of 1000 others!? (btw i used the term starvation not poverty.. starvation being a step worse..)

people need to learn to be content with the basics. Sure, my 14 your old citroen isnt the best car on the market.. but it gets me from a to b and handles long motorway journeys easily enough... it's even fun to drive! so why would you want more than that?...

...to show off? to try and persuade yourself (and others) that you are better than them?

a little sad perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    No offence, but last time I checked this was a forum about cars, not the rights and wrongs of this world? For what it's worth if no one's allowed (by law/other people's ethics or any other means) to be better off than anyone else where is the motivation to achieve?
    a financial achievment isnt the only kind of achievment in this world.

ReputationRep:
    RIGHT. lets talk about cars. But not expensive ones. Cheap, averagey ones.

ReputationRep:
    If we removed financial necessities from the world the drive to go out and work would not be great enough to sustain the country. And this is still the wrong forum for this debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    If we removed financial necessities from the world the drive to go out and work would not be great enough to sustain the country. And this is still the wrong forum for this debate.
    I never said money was bad...

i never said that you shouldnt have to work in order to get money.. to buy necessities like food..

I just think that there should be a much more even distribution of wealth.

but as i said.. back to cars..

ReputationRep:
    The car is OK... but I love the background in that picture. Where is it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 17, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.