Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it me or does fake tan take agggeeeeeeessssss to put on? im using fake bake and altho i like the results its taking me about 40 mins jus to get it on. i use gloves, are there any quicker alternatives? Iv heard of these mits but dont know if theyre any good
    Lou
    x

ReputationRep:
    right, genuinie question here. is it a bit gay for a guy to go on the sunbeds? just been out tonight, had a little look in the mirror and realised that for someone with black hair I look like a ghost.

so should I go all out and go on the beds?

ReputationRep:
    sunbeds = bad

if you want a tan, buy it in a bottle

ReputationRep:
    Self-tanning lotion?

ReputationRep:
    i duno i use piz buin and it goes on in like 2 secs 2 b honest

ReputationRep:
    it takes ages if you do it properly - do not rush the results will be all bad and streaky

ReputationRep:
    mine never comes out bad or streaky!just moisturise well

ReputationRep:
    I use St. Tropez and it takes me about 40 mins to get it on too! Longer if I do my legs! I love the results, but its a bit off-putting sometimes when I don't really have the time to do it. I'd try a faster alternative but I don't know if the results would be as good :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of getting a St Tropez spray tan but I have quite sensitive skin, any chance of a bad reaction? Only fake tan I ever use is Johnson's Holiday Skin! (apologies for slight thread deviation)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    I'm thinking of getting a St Tropez spray tan but I have quite sensitive skin, any chance of a bad reaction? Only fake tan I ever use is Johnson's Holiday Skin! (apologies for slight thread deviation)

I've used St Tropez before, and it was o.k. and I have eczema, so you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i wud steer clear of spray tans because they can leave u spotty or really orangyive never seen a completely successful 1 yet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    st. Tropez is ok on sensitive skin unless your allergic to any of the ingredients then you should be ok - also I just Johnsons Holiday Skin or Piz Buin Mid tan spray. Prefer the Holiday Skin tbh its easier to put on.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do-it-yourself St.Tropez, if you think you can, rather than go for a spray

My mum went for a St. Tropez spray tan and I couldn't even tell the difference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise28k)
    is it me or does fake tan take agggeeeeeeessssss to put on? im using fake bake and altho i like the results its taking me about 40 mins jus to get it on. i use gloves, are there any quicker alternatives? Iv heard of these mits but dont know if theyre any good
    Lou
    x
    I saw those mits on This Morning. The L'Oreal ones appeared really easy to put on and not streaky. I can't remember what it was given rating wise, but it did quite well. It's around £10, but i can't remember if it was one or three uses you get out of them. It was a huge colour difference, but it did a natural tan, so you look like you have some colour. It would be useless if you want a really distinct tan though.

ReputationRep:
    Fake tan?

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how ghettounfabuloso!

Sunbedding I can do, but creams n shiz -s'no no I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Fake tan?

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how ghettounfabuloso!

Sunbedding I can do, but creams n shiz -s'no no I'm afraid.
    I don't mind sunbeds either but i couldnt be arsed with the fact of paying a tenner for 10 minutes when i could have a faked tan at half the price with instant results....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*~ Tammy ~*~)
    I don't mind sunbeds either but i couldnt be arsed with the fact of paying a tenner for 10 minutes when i could have a faked tan at half the price with instant results....
    Wow. That's expensive. Not that i do it, but there is a shop in town which is 25p per minute, min 4 minutes. So it's really cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    Wow. That's expensive. Not that i do it, but there is a shop in town which is 25p per minute, min 4 minutes. So it's really cheap.
    :eek: I think ill be going to where you are for a sunbed lol!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.