Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well looking at pictures from the Motor Show, and so forth, it seems that White Cars are going to come back in.. 2 years ago it was silver, now it seems were just on hte peak of black cars.. who thinks whites coming back? if you dont think it is what do u think the next colour of car is going to be?

cheers guys x

ReputationRep:
    I don't like white cars... they get dirty too easily, and it's just a boring and flat colour.

I like the pink Honda Jazz :p: That's a great colour! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    White and silver cars are the easiest to keep clean. They don't show up day to day dust as much as darker coloured cars. Try keeping a shiny black car and you'll know how hard it is to keep clean. Black shows EVERYTHING! The only thing that white is crap for is diesels, the damn soot from the exhausts sticks to the back of the car and is a ***** to get off.

That said, I still hate white cars and still love black cars.

ReputationRep:
    I love black cars. Don't really know about white - gets too dirty! Still seems kinda old -- we had a white sierra about 10 years ago. Saying that, when Clarkson tested the Golf GTI he said he'd get one in white. I like them in white actually.

ETA: above poster is right about black though. We just persuaded my Dad to get black instead of silver and now he keeps complaining about the dirt!

ReputationRep:
    Although white is usually one of the base and 'free' colours, some people do like it - I have to admit on certain cars when kept cleaned and polished, it does look quite good.

The thing with silver and white is that it tints a darker colour and you don't often realise it is as dirty as it is until you wash it and each wipe of the sponge turns water black.

ReputationRep:
    Black cars look more classy... especially if they're clean and shiny. White cars just look... crap, no matter how clean they are! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i love silver.....theres something about silver i dunno what which makes it more more stylish i think

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true. It just looks less dirty. It hides dents/dings better than dark colours too. The thing that causes the most grief with darker cars is pollen. Pollen is flying around constantly and it shows up on black cars hours after washing it; especially in sub-urbs/rural areas.

ReputationRep:
    pollen :eek: i never would have thought....

ReputationRep:
    White the new black ?
    Never, no offence to white car owners I am sure some cars look good in white, but imo the average white car looks cheapo compared to the same average car in black.

ReputationRep:
    Im not a fan of white cars either, black all the way

ReputationRep:
    I think white cars look good, but don't really suit the UK that well as they get dirty too quickly. In America in the places that it's sunny 24/7, I think white sports cars look quite nice:

ReputationRep:
    I like the ferrari yellow, but other than on ferrari's they only seem to be on saxo's and them fiat ciquecento midget car things

ReputationRep:
    As Sync stated: In hot countries are where white cars look the nuts. In London in the summer, a white car look sso good, and I agree, white is the new black and that's why I selected it on the poll.

But white is only good for certain models such as the Lambo, VW Gti, Lexus IS, Range Rover Sport etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik)
    White the new black ?
    Never, no offence to white car owners I am sure some cars look good in white, but imo the average white car looks cheapo compared to the same average car in black.
    Anyone who normally drives a white car is loaded IMO. White spells 'class' and 'rich'. Just go to Queensway in W2 to find that out. Agreed that a White Nissan Micra is going to do you no favours, but a white Range over a Black one; the white one looks so much classier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Anyone who normally drives a white car is loaded IMO. White spells 'class' and 'rich'. Just go to Queensway in W2 to find that out. Agreed that a White Nissan Micra is going to do you no favours, but a white Range over a Black one; the white one looks so much classier.
    white looks cheap and tacky

black looks clean and sharp :cool:

but....
    nissan skyline in white :cool:
    peugeot 106 in white

u can only 'get away' with having a white car if it is a fast sports car

anyone can get away with a black car :p:

ReputationRep:
    moonstone blue seems to be very popular...walshie

lots of people choose that colour - 306, 206, yaris, focus etc.

ReputationRep:
    i read something about the second-hand value of whote cars can be something like 10% (roughly! dont remember) less than black and silver. Facinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davemarkey)
    u can only 'get away' with having a white car if it is a fast sports car

anyone can get away with a black car :p:
    I disagree. Not just sports cars would look good in white (in fact I'd say sports cars would look dull in white, but there ya go). Ive seen Rolls Royces in white, and they look pretty damn cool. As does a Discovery.

Sports cars need to be bright! Yellow, red, lime green etc. Not white.

And again, not *any* car looks good in black. Cheaper/more common ones just look like theyre trying to be something theyre not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    I disagree. Not just sports cars would look good in white (in fact I'd say sports cars would look dull in white, but there ya go). Ive seen Rolls Royces in white, and they look pretty damn cool. As does a Discovery.

Sports cars need to be bright! Yellow, red, lime green etc. Not white.

And again, not *any* car looks good in black. Cheaper/more common ones just look like theyre trying to be something theyre not.
    the thing is those cars u mentioned aren't normal cars that you see that often
    i meant common cars like a 106/fiesta type of car look much better in black than white

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.