Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Dvd Regions on Laptop!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :mad: There is a point where anger can only be expressed mentally, verbally and phsyically before it leads to self destruction. I for one is pointing out the DVD regions already encoded on dvds before anyone can purchase them within shops. The frustrating thing is that I use my laptop to watch DVDs on, and figured out that its been set to region 3 -- and not region 2 which is for this country -- someone has changed the region to play the dvd 5 times so now its permanently stuck on region 3, and now all my dvds are currently region 2! if anyone can help me change it or even better, make it multi-regional I would be grateful completely!! The name of the drive I use is called MAT****A UDJA755zDVD/CDRW -- HELP!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.videohelp.com/play#dvdregionfree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by disneybaby1411)
    :mad: There is a point where anger can only be expressed mentally, verbally and phsyically before it leads to self destruction. I for one is pointing out the DVD regions already encoded on dvds before anyone can purchase them within shops. The frustrating thing is that I use my laptop to watch DVDs on, and figured out that its been set to region 3 -- and not region 2 which is for this country -- someone has changed the region to play the dvd 5 times so now its permanently stuck on region 3, and now all my dvds are currently region 2! if anyone can help me change it or even better, make it multi-regional I would be grateful completely!! The name of the drive I use is called MAT****A UDJA755zDVD/CDRW -- HELP!!!!!!!
    Download 'AnyDVD'. Not only does it enable the viewing of DVDs of any region, it also lets you skip all the introductory crap and get straight to the title menu. No more copyright info in 54 languages.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I bought AnyDVD and it's ace - I definitely recommend it. Also strips off the copy protection so you can make naughty copies/rip DVDs to your hard disk for copying to iPod, PSP, etc.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend put DivX on my computer so I can make copies and watch any region DVD. I don't think he bought the programme tho-prob an illegal download.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icedout)
    Download 'AnyDVD'. Not only does it enable the viewing of DVDs of any region, it also lets you skip all the introductory crap and get straight to the title menu. No more copyright info in 54 languages.
    Sounds good, what's the catch? I'm down to my last 2 regions and will be travelling...HELP where can I get this amazing software?

ReputationRep:
    Slysoft make AnyDVD - no catch - I think it's a 30 day trial but then you have to pay for it. Not too expensive though and IMO well worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.