Turn on thread page Beta

HELP! What Do I wear With This Skirt? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I bought this skirt 2 years ago from Monsoon and have not yet worn it out! Simply because I can't figure out what to wear with it!

It's a really open crochet material, very clingy. I have to wear a petticoat underneath.

Anyway it reaches mid-calf (a strange length in my opinon) and I can't figure out what top or shoes to wear with it. Help!

THANKS!!!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you are wearing it too low and it isn't supposed to be a hipster skirt. I am personally not keen, and am surprised it is moonsoon actually I thought it looked cheap, so be careful how you accesorise it-no white shoes. Maybe cowboys boot though I'm at a bit of a loss.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't wear it, full stop

ReputationRep:
    I like it but it'd certainly be hard to wear. I think a little dark coloured top, fairly plain with cap sleeves and black strappy heels. You may also want to consider having the skirt fully lined or wearimg a half slip underneath that meets the bottom of the skirt perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say wedges if you're going for a summery look, in a bold colour like red or something as the skirt is quite plain colour wise. As for a top...I don't know really.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the first poster, I think it possibly needs to be pulled higher up so it goes to about your knees. It certainly shows off your amazing figure, but I can't work out whether I'm a fan or not. Turqouise always looks nice with white, go with nice bright colours and wedges like Tarts n vicars said =D

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too fussed on it. but it really does show off that amazing figure of yours. try wearing bright colours with it, maybe yellow?

ReputationRep:
    i think it would look good on holiday over your bikini I can't think what else you could wear it with!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh slap on a turquioze or brightly colored bikini top and you're ready for the beach.

ReputationRep:
    Although people have said it might not be meant to be worn like that, I have a monsoon white cotton gypsy skirt that ends sort of the same length, so might be something common with the shop? I'm not sure though.

Wedges would look really nice, maybe a bright vest top? Definately need something in a block colour though as the skirt itself is quite fancy

ReputationRep:
    Get a better slip. It needs to be longer, it just looks wrong with that little thing at an odd length underneath. I reckon ideally it should be about the same length as the actual skirt, maybe an inch or so shorter, but NOT longer.

ReputationRep:
    top - a plain turquoise t shirt/vest maybe?

shoes- i can only imagine flip flops would look decent

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the wedges actually, think that'll look quite cool

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it looks that bad actually! It is a bit of a wierd length but i think it would look even weirder pulled up. I have loads of skirts that length but it may be due to my height more than anything! It deffo shows off ur great figure!

Totally agree with the wedges, bikini, block colours. As its white theres loads of colours that would go, id prolly say red, turquoise, brown etc. It depends on the top. Best off with a tight fitting vest top or a long sleeved gypsy top (tho that may be hard to find as 'boho is out' :mad:).

ReputationRep:
    i'd go for a fairly plain strap or vest top, or maybe even a coloured summery shirt if you want to dress it up a bit, then wear with delicate heels or wedges depending on what you're wearing it to.

ReputationRep:
    id wear some white heels or ballerina pumps or even flip flops
    an off-the-shoulder top in pink or turquoise or a tank with lots and lots of beads................

ReputationRep:
    id wear espardilles and a white floatyish blouse, perhaps with a brown detail to match the toggle thingy.....white's very in for the summer.
    i aggree with finding a longer slip for underneath though
    and btw- i want your abs!!!

ReputationRep:
    you can't see her abs :confused:

ReputationRep:
    nah, doesn't look nice...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mademoiselle84and btw- i want your abs!!![/QUOTE]

:confused: I can't see them from that pic? how can you?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.