Turn on thread page Beta

How old do i look? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa5)
    very very funny but very very harsh
    its a bit like me saying:
    " what do you say if you see your tv floating down the street at night? drop it ngiger "

that was uncalled for..who brought racism in to the subject?? He was saying his opinion, yeah, but is there any need to compare that to "ngiger"s??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anu)
    laughing my fcuking ass off
    Sorry, wasn't calling you a geek, presumed it was an evil comment directed at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anu)
    that was uncalled for..who brought racism in to the subject?? He was saying his opinion, yeah, but is there any need to compare that to "ngiger"s??
    Where's the comparison?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcr8iv)
    Sorry, wasn't calling you a geek, presumed it was an evil comment directed at me.

no problem..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone speak geek? Please translate. Thanks.
    ur in a mean mood tonight *hides under table* what does rofl or whatever it is mean? my friends say it to me on msn and I have no idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Where's the comparison?

And i quote

"its a bit like me saying:
    " what do you say if you see your tv floating down the street at night? drop it ngiger " "

Erm correct me if im wrong...but i think i know a comparison when i see one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    WHy did you have to add? You answered her question before.
    I think it's always best to let people know stuff like that, I think I deserve a rep for being so honest.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's always best to let people know stuff like that, I think I deserve a rep for being so honest.
    to let people know unecessarily of your inaccurate and potentially hurtful opinions? Right....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone speak geek? Please translate. Thanks.
    Yeah thanx for the constructive critisism (*mental note....ignore*)
    Where;s ur picture then seeing as you seem to think ur sooooooooooo perfect? lol
    Sxx

ReputationRep:
    to let people know unecessarily of your inaccurate and potentially hurtful opinions? Right....

Holy crap..this is the net...i think some people may be taking things too seriously!!

So what if a person is honest...thats ONE comment..she can completely disregard it if she wants to, for she doesnt know him for Joe (at least i dont think she does)

Let it go...its not worth getting hyped up over for crying out loud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anu)
    Holy crap..this is the net...i think some people may be taking things too seriously!!

So what if a person is honest...thats ONE comment..she can completely disregard it if she wants to, for she doesnt know him for Joe (at least i dont think she does)

who's Joe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    who's Joe?

Its a little well-known phrase...Joe being a complete stranger..

my point being..she has no idea who he is, why should one insignificant comment affect her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelzland)
    Yeah thanx for the constructive critisism (*mental note....ignore*)
    Where;s ur picture then seeing as you seem to think ur sooooooooooo perfect? lol
    Sxx
    I never said I'm perfect, but then I don't go posting me picture on the internet so people can give me praise. I think your above average, but I'm in a criticising mood...you caught me at a bad time. I'll give you a 6. I'll give myself 7.5. Anyone else want the bcr8iv official rating just ask, however, expect 'constructive criticism'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anu)

What's the point in going out of your way to say something that would knock someone's confidence though? Just because this is the net, doesn't mean our civility should go out the window.

ReputationRep:
    No infact i agree with Blissy..........its people like you who make thoughtless comments that can give girls eating disorders etc.

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me, read the below two paragraphs. Don't think that because you have a nice smile, the way I act towards you will differ from the next person.

The comment was justified and was right...

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in going out of your way to say something that would knock someone's confidence though? Just because this is the net, doesn't mean our civility should go out the window.

Noone is saying civility should go out of the window...my point, as i am now repeating for the third time...WHY SHOULD ONE COMMENT MATTER? If she wants it to affect her, then theres a lack of confidence on her part..but why not rise above it?? Fair enough, someone said shes not as pretty/hot/good-looking (whatever you wish to call it) as she may have wanted to hear, but please...when you go about posting your picture on the INTERNET...your not always going to get people saying they think your gorgeous! If you put your picture on the net, then obvioulsy your wanting some feedback..not ALL feedback is positive...

*rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelzland)
    No infact i agree with Blissy..........its people like you who make thoughtless comments that can give girls eating disorders etc.
    the 'what's the point in saying something that wil knock someone's confidence' thing happens in real life just as it does here, I have no idea why people say mean things knowing they're going to hurst people's feelings, or even say them with the intent to hurt them... I could never say something to make someone cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anu)

This guy has internal wisdom!

ReputationRep:
    This guy has internal wisdom!

*is a girl*

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.