Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Er, yes he would. England have the best attacking backline in the world. It is pointless having them if you are not going to utilise them, and the key to this is a player with a quality passing game. The key to passing is not the quality of the pass, it is the timing, Henry Paul is a master of so called 'money balls', Iestyn Harris is another great example of this. England panicked at the end throwing any old pass, where Henry Paul would have brought the ball up to the game line and then released a money ball.

Greenwood was dire as were the rest of the England backs, why? They didnt get any quality ball. I never said Robinson should be left out. Robinson isnt an inside centre, never has been never will be, he hasnt got the ball in hand skills. He should be on the wing or fullback.

The reason why he hasnt made an impact is because he hasnt been given the chance. When you play Henry Paul, you have to base your game around him or it is pointless playing him.

Rugby is a simple game when played well. Its a game of numbers. The idea is to create over laps. Irelands try was a great example of this, simply by strecthing a defense from one side to another which create space. Henry Paul can make long ranging passes and cut out balls needed for this method.

England panic passed most of the last quarter. You clearly know nothing about rugby if you dont know what I mean. Yes England's line out was crap, but England would have won in the last 10 minutes if they had Henry Paul orchestrating things and not Paul Grayson.
    You have a serious rugby league fetish. Henry Paul has never been effective in an England jersey and certainly wouldn't have been today with the size of the hits that were being given and taken. Even Robinson was ineffective today for fecks sake.

ReputationRep:
    The English lineout was DIABOLICAL. Simple as. We did a great job in breaking them it up though, so kudos to the lads for that. Oh and today was yet another example of the fact that Ian Balshaw is criminally overrated.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and Clive 'i'm a ********' Woodward can stick up his 'I'd have no problem picking an English IV for the lions' comments up his arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Oh and Clive 'i'm a ********' Woodward can stick up his 'I'd have no problem picking an English IV for the lions' comments up his arse.
    An English 4? That would make the tests interesting...

ReputationRep:
    He has exceeded the achievements of any other Northern hemisphere coach. Hate him all you like... but it's a fact.

ReputationRep:
    XV, I do apologise. He can achieve as much as he wants, he's still a mean-spirited, myopic hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    XV, I do apologise. He can achieve as much as he wants, he's still a mean-spirited, myopic hypocrite.
    He is awesome at his job. I respect him in the way I respect Bill Gates - at their chosen profession they have risen to the top.

Doesn't mean I like Bill Gates mind...

ReputationRep:
    Oh he's a great coach. My comments were purely personal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Not really, my dad watches loads of rugby so does my aunty. So you just begin to watch enjoy, then follow teams.

But, yes some of my friends have just all of a sudden, started watching it, I've fancied jonny wilkinson for ages, same with ben cohen, now they all fancy jonny, what a gip!!
    That was the same with me fancying Michael owen. I fancied him way before the world cup . After the world cup, some of my mates started fancying him, and watching liverpool play and supporting them cos of it.

ReputationRep:
    Blah..blah..blah... bad ref.

You boys were outclassed by the green.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Blah..blah..blah... bad ref.

You boys were outclassed by the green.
    I know we were, unfortunately. But the ref definitely made some dodgy calls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I know we were, unfortunately. But the ref definitely made some dodgy calls.
    For both sides. He was in no way a bigger burden on the English.

ReputationRep:
    Form is temporary class is permanent.

ReputationRep:
    It comes as no surprise to me that England lost. They were always going to be vulnerable when playing Ian Balshaw at full back who is still unproven at the highest level and playing there best full back josh lewsey on the wing. To add to this playing Jason Robinson in the centre against the likes of O'Driscoll and Darcy having played there only a few times was another bad error of judgement.
    There was also no leader on the pitch and players out there who based on the last few performances should be dropped. Ben Cohen for example now looks a shadow of his former self.

ReputationRep:
    **** we seriously outplayed you's all over the pitch. Such spirit, typical Irish performance.

Margaret Thatcher, Queen Liz II, Prince Charles, Harry and William, Princess Anne, Tony Blair, Martin Johnson, David Beckham, The Queen Mother, Princess Diana, Steve Redgrave, Mathew Pinsent, Phil Tuffnell, Jonathan Woss, Steve Ryder, Sue Barker, Tim Henman, Lawrence Dellaglio, Sir Clive Woodward, Michael Howard, Martin Bell, Jude Law, Craig David, Will Young, Gareth Gates, Usher, Jamelia, Jason Leonard and the Fuking Corgis......

YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    discuss....
    It was the lineouts. I suppose the fact that Johnson (is there an H in his name?) and Wilkinson weren't there had a negative effect on the game, but I reckon the rubbish line outs was the main reason we lost. Actually I retract that. The reason we lost was because I wasn't working at the stadium today. First home loss in 23 games, I think. How galling.

ReputationRep:
    Scuse me who was there and i had half the Irish gal nxt 2 me's ref link.

The ref was atrocious he kept slowing down the play, especially when enlgand where moving and was very officious as well. Every time there was any form of set piece he was giving advice to the players and telling them to play nicely etc. Even Clive Woodward mentioned the ref in his speech afterwards. Some of his decisions were absolutely awful,like Ireland knocking it forward and him giving it to Ireland.

And it was a try as well, the replays on the big screen, what he saw did not show that it was not a try - twas one. Stupid Paddies, destroyin our unbeaten run of luck at Twickenham.

Who plays boring rugby then, always going for the penalty rather than the scrum.

Again there was the downside of playing with a relatively inexperianced team and a useless kicker (due to lack of international level practice) Paul Grayson. And Steve Thompson, come on what were those throws. What about Trevor Woodman, every time I see them play, he always gets in trouble with the ref.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Scuse me who was there and i had half the Irish gal nxt 2 me's ref link.

The ref was atrocious he kept slowing down the play, especially when enlgand where moving and was very officious as well. Every time there was any form of set piece he was giving advice to the players and telling them to play nicely etc. Even Clive Woodward mentioned the ref in his speech afterwards. Some of his decisions were absolutely awful,like Ireland knocking it forward and him giving it to Ireland.

And it was a try as well, the replays on the big screen, what he saw did not show that it was not a try - twas one. Stupid Paddies, destroyin our unbeaten run of luck at Twickenham.

Who plays boring rugby then, always going for the penalty rather than the scrum.

Again there was the downside of playing with a relatively inexperianced team and a useless kicker (due to lack of international level practice) Paul Grayson. And Steve Thompson, come on what were those throws. What about Trevor Woodman, every time I see them play, he always gets in trouble with the ref.
    Stupid Paddy's? Yeah you talk a lot of sense. Since by your post you can barely talk properly.

Was never ever a try, he was a country mile into touch when he grounded (if he even did) the ball.

Wise yourself up and take your beating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Stupid Paddy's? Yeah you talk a lot of sense. Since by your post you can barely talk properly.
    I understood his post - and he spelt Paddies correctly.

It wasn't a try though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I understood his post - and he spelt Paddies correctly.

It wasn't a try though.
    You could understand the post if you strained yourself. Nah nah sorry love, if you can find Paddies in the dictionary, referring to the name Patrick and the irish nationality. (offensive for a start) then come back to me.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.