Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for reading PPE at Warwick (37 IB points) BUT there was another condition:

"This offer is conditional on official verification of your academic reference."

Did anyone get something like this? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ...nooooo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minicoopa)
    ...nooooo?
    yup,this sounds really weird! the stupidest thing is that my IB coordinator wrote that reference and I have NOT altered not a word, but it sounds as if they think that I am some kind of a criminal or what ...

ReputationRep:
    My best guess is that it's something to do with being an international student? I think the application system must be different because we didn't have any opportunity at all to edit our reference - the school submitted it separately after we'd completed our UCAS form and submitted it to the head of careers. Maybe if your system is different they'd need to check it?

However I doubt it'll be a problem try contacting the admissions office on Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loocipher)
    My best guess is that it's something to do with being an international student? I think the application system must be different because we didn't have any opportunity at all to edit our reference - the school submitted it separately after we'd completed our UCAS form and submitted it to the head of careers. Maybe if your system is different they'd need to check it?

However I doubt it'll be a problem try contacting the admissions office on Tuesday.
    Neither do international applicants.

Unless of course you apply as an individual and not through your school. That allows you to insert (and in the process amend) your own reference.

ReputationRep:
    Just take a letter on ur schoolpad signed by ur reference teacher saying that she has indeed written ur reference and the marks submitted are correct!

ReputationRep:
    Im international and I didnt get to see my reference until after it was sent in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Im international and I didnt get to see my reference until after it was sent in?
    Whether you get to see your reference depends on your referee. It has nothing to do with your status as an international or home student.

ReputationRep:
    I got this condition as well, also for PPE. However, I understand they set this condition, as I didn't send an independent reference to all the universities I applied. They need to verify my reference and my transcript, anyway, I have all these documents and my tutor is very supportive, she has written me a reference to Warwick last week.

ReputationRep:
    I was sent an email (before getting the offer) asking my referee to acknowledge that he had written the reference. So he sent a letter ... including a section of the reference and signed it off saying he had written it. Its just procedure. Nothing to worry about

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 29, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.