Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey everybody

can u please tell me what passfield hall and roseberry hall are like? are they nice locations / rooms.
    does anybody no what the food is like?

and are the shared rooms nice, or too cramped etc

any details are much appreciated , thankyou

ReputationRep:
    do you prefer to have your meals included in the fees? if no better leave passfield out.

ReputationRep:
    passfield is (correct me if i am wrong by all means) under construction / renovation, so its a bit chaotic in there right now i would assume. Also, its right in the centre, literally which sounds amazing BUT it also means the building is run down and very old (like all of the old buildings in centre of london). i visited a ucl hall, practically next to passfield, and it was like OMG WTF?! and that was one of the more expensive halls.. go figure what the others looked like.. very depressing places, not really motivating if you want to work in your room!!
    i also put down rosebury as my 3rd option and i heard it is very good; i like the fact that it has single ensuite rooms!

Personally, i would not recommend passfield, but go for rosebury! x

ReputationRep:
    i had to choose passfield coz i wanted a 31 week contract.was told to come back for holidays.sheesh.

ReputationRep:
    Both Carr Saunders and Rosebery offer 31 week contract...

EDITED : My mistake for the wrong info, sorry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    Both Carr Saunders and Rosebery offer 31 week contract...and HH too if you want self catered accommodation.
    On the site it says HH = 40 week contract ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    On the site it says HH = 40 week contract ?
    yeah thats what i read too:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    yeah thats what i read too:confused:
    Indeed so... 40 week

ReputationRep:
    oh so sorry...yea my mistake

ReputationRep:
    phew because one of the reasons i put it down as my first option was so i wouldnt have to move all my stuff out if i wanted to go back home for the hols!

ReputationRep:
    I live overseas and am considering a 31 week contract, mainly to save money. But what would I do with all my things? Do the halls have storage rooms where you can leave your things over the holidays? Can't see myself bringing absolutly everything back with me for Easter and Christmas....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunginabadplace)
    I live overseas and am considering a 31 week contract, mainly to save money. But what would I do with all my things? Do the halls have storage rooms where you can leave your things over the holidays? Can't see myself bringing absolutly everything back with me for Easter and Christmas....
    im not completely sure about what happens at LSE but from what ive heard from what other unis do, is that you have to move your stuff (all of it) and put it into like a storage place in another room along with other peoples stuff who are doing the same. not sure, as i said, if its applicable at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    I think I recall ollie said you could expect to be given enough space for a suitcase, but nothing more... guess we'll have to cram our stuff into a suitcase then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    I think I recall ollie said you could expect to be given enough space for a suitcase, but nothing more... guess we'll have to cram our stuff into a suitcase then
    well that kinda sucks doesnt it! :p: thank god i put down 40 week contract places! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    well that kinda sucks doesnt it! :p: thank god i put down 40 week contract places! :rolleyes:
    Lol I picked 31 weeks everywhere, so... *braces himself* lol

ReputationRep:
    But to tell the truth i'm a bit worry about the idea of leaving my notebook in the storage room...i sure hope it's safe!

ReputationRep:
    But to tell the truth i'm a bit worry about the idea of leaving my notebook in the storage room...i sure hope it's safe!
    your notebook?

ReputationRep:
    err i was refering to my laptop...

ReputationRep:
    err i was refering to my laptop...
    definately take that with you! you can carry it on the plane (if you're leaving the country). i wouldnt leave mine in there, just in case..

ReputationRep:
    yea i think it's better to be safe than sorry...all right! I'm taking it with me!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.