Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For those who don't know, I once made a thread jokenly about goths self-harming. The thread was never intended to be serious but unfortunately a select few found it offensive and sent me lots of negative rep saying big words such as 'stereotype'.

Now someone has spent money researching goths and self-harming and have come to the same conclusion as me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4905898.stm

ReputationRep:
    Busted lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spiral Architect)
    For those who don't know, I once made a thread jokenly about goths self-harming. The thread was never intended to be serious but unfortunately a select few found it offensive and sent me lots of negative rep saying big words such as 'stereotype'.

Now someone has spent money researching goths and self-harming and have come to the same conclusion as me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4905898.stm
    Goths self harming?!! How could this be?? ^o)

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps

Still doesn't take into account all the people not associated with the gothic sub culture that self harm. Still i'm not a goth so at least i'm not being stereotyped for a change!

ReputationRep:
    They just 'asked' the goths. They didn't ask for proof. I bet a lot of 'em just said 'yeah' because they thought it's what their image dictated they did.

ReputationRep:
    If only you had a blue avatar Spiral Architect, you wouldn't have been given any negative reputation for your stereotypes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewmck)
    If only you had a blue avatar Spiral Architect, you wouldn't have been given any negative reputation for your stereotypes.

ReputationRep:
    Whats next, a survey reveals chavs wear burberry, or trees are green.
    Surveys are rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuth)
    a survey revealstrees are green.
    OMG WTF Nooooo!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuth)
    Whats next, a survey reveals chavs wear burberry, or trees are green.
    Surveys are rubbish
    What in the Hell is a 'tree'?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.