Turn on thread page Beta

Personal Statement for Pharmacy with Foundation year at Manchester Uni watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am going to be applying to manchester uni to do the pharmacy foundation course and im in the process of writing my personal statement
    do i include why im doing the foundation year?
    and can you give any tips for doing a personal statement for pharmacy with a foundation year?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    why foundation go for the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    you dont necesserily need to write about foundation pharmacy.. just write about the degree you want to do. personally i want to do pharmacy or chemistry (they are similar to an extent), on my personal statement i included my interest in chemistry as well as the pharmaceutical side to it..so i suggest you write the personal satement based on the fact that you want to persue pharmacy as a career
    by the way, i have already applied for foundation pharmacy att manchester for 2013/14 and have been offered an interview in march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zara_xo)
    you dont necesserily need to write about foundation pharmacy.. just write about the degree you want to do. personally i want to do pharmacy or chemistry (they are similar to an extent), on my personal statement i included my interest in chemistry as well as the pharmaceutical side to it..so i suggest you write the personal satement based on the fact that you want to persue pharmacy as a career
    by the way, i have already applied for foundation pharmacy att manchester for 2013/14 and have been offered an interview in march.
    ohh rightt thanks that helped a lot and good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    Im applying for Manchester foundation too, btw what did you guys get in AS and what are your predictions?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craming Revision)
    why foundation go for the real thing.
    Either they didnt do chemistry a level or didnt get the grades, people under estimate how competitive pharmacy can be, its just below medicine, dentistry and natural sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Im applying for Manchester foundation too, btw what did you guys get in AS and what are your predictions?

hi im hopefully going to be predicted ccd which is bad but yeah what about you?
    and also what other unis are you applying to because im not sure about manchester because its too far do you know any other unis that do foundation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6190)
    and also what other unis are you applying to because im not sure about manchester because its too far do you know any other unis that do foundation?
    tbh you should repeat those grades wont get u an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6190)
    BCC, i could push it to BBC/BBB if i asked but i want to be within the boundaries, im applying for pharm at bradford/de mont/wolverhampton and chemistry at aston

ReputationRep:
    hyA WILL BCC FOR FOUNDATION YEAR GET ME AN OFFER FROM MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to break the news but they only accept people with extenuating circumstances, majority of people of do foundation actually did no sciences at all, i applied for foundation manchester too last year and i asked one of the people of the pharmacy department on the open day and told me they really only accept those who did no sciences

Apply to De montford they accept people with BCC, my friend got in there with that (B wasn't in a science)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Please don't necro old threads.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.