Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, has ne1 been sent the accomdation form yet. I put Bristol as my firm.

Also this personal statement crap we write on the forms, its not the same as the ucas one is it?

What type of **** do these accomdation people want to hear?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not that their forms are sh*t...

I haven't got mine yet anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got my forms yet.

I've heard people say you can expect them in early May, so not long to go

ReputationRep:
    I havent got mine and Bristol is my unconditional firm.......i just want to get it over and done with. I still aint done my student loan form, PN1 as my dad is away and not due till May.......

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you guys even know which accomodations you're applying for? All I can figure is that I wanna go self-catering...

ReputationRep:
    You get the forms at the end of April/early May. As for the personal statement, I don't think you get much writing space, so it'll probably be quite brief. Rather than your academic achievements or whatever, it's a statement in which you talk about how you can contribute to the life of the Hall...community spirit...stuff like that.

And I'm applying to Wills.

ReputationRep:
    k thanks for the info. Im gonna go for CHH i think .u put down 2 choices or 1?

ReputationRep:
    Erm definitely more than one...not sure how many though, could be two or maybe three?

I really like CHH as well, it's sooo tough deciding which hall to go for.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I got my Form and Acco. Prospectus. But plz can someone tell me when is the right time to send it ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by showdown_counts)
    Hey I got my Form and Acco. Prospectus. But plz can someone tell me when is the right time to send it ??
    When you've finsihed filling it out.... and preferabley before the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    showdown_counts...you've got it already? are you an international applicant?

ReputationRep:
    oh wait never mind lol - i see that you are

ReputationRep:
    yeah I am from Bangladesh. hehe. Got it in December. I didnt even choose Bristol as my firm then. Wonder how they sent it to me so early :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you! Where you applying then?

ReputationRep:
    planning to apply after I get my sheffield prospectus and form. in either Manor Hall or Clifton Hill House Wanna send it all together u know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by showdown_counts)
    planning to apply after I get my sheefield prospectus and form. Wanna send it all together u know.

errr, not in the same envelope though, right?

ReputationRep:
    Im int'l and I've got it already..thing is you don't get to pick an insurance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)
    errr, not in the same envelope though, right?
    Hehe nope. but wanna send them altogether but different address hehe . Man Sheffield is taking so goddamn long. They called me and asked if I got the Accomodation pack(which I didnt). They are sending me a replacement and that is also taking a hell let of a time :mad: . man Bristol guys rocks...they sent it so early. I knew it....I should have picked Essex as Insurance

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you dont pick the same halls my sister picked at sheffield, whichever they were, they were truly crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)
    Just make sure you dont pick the same halls my sister picked at sheffield, whichever they were, they were truly crap.
    hey Straas which hall are u talking about?? I need help on sheffield too (sorry for asking about sheffield on a bristol forum )

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.