Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here interested in mensa. I took a home test and was invited to a supervised test. I did that and i have been accepted. I just have to fill in the application form

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious to know my IQ, but the supervised test seems like so much hassle :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    I'm curious to know my IQ, but the supervised test seems like so much hassle :p:
    You can do a home test that takes about 30mins but its only a rough gauge. My IQ from that was much higher than the ones form the supervised test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    You can do a home test that takes about 30mins but its only a rough gauge. My IQ from that was much higher than the ones form the supervised test
    go on then, tell us your IQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    I'm also curious but I am scared that it will be too low for my liking so I think I will just stick to not knowing.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Ive done internet tests but I always come out with IQs thatvary over a range of about 20 points...

ReputationRep:
    I always get above average on the tests you do on the internet, but wouldn't want to take an official MENSA test incase my IQ is actually really low or something!

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be sitting for the official MENSA IQ test on 13th May.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh! Just tried the MENSA Workout, way too much maths. I did an English degree for a reason :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    I'll probably be sitting for the official MENSA IQ test on 13th May.
    Good Luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittennffc)
    Ugh! Just tried the MENSA Workout, way too much maths. I did an English degree for a reason :rolleyes:
    In the supervised test, i don't remember there being any maths things. They said you don't need education to take it. I disagree, you have to have a very good vocabulary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Meh, Ive done internet tests but I always come out with IQs thatvary over a range of about 20 points...
    That was the same for me. It gives a rough idea tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coss)
    Good Luck!!!
    Thanks.

How much does it cost to take the test here?

It's 16 quid here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    go on then, tell us your IQ?
    I have done three mensa tests. For the home test i got 155
    For the Culture fair test i got 137 and for the other one (can't rememver what its called) i got 135.
    Quite a range. The problem with the last two were that they were supervised. The invigilator man was so annoying... there were 4 sections in the first test and half way through the first section he said "by the way you have 4 minutes for thist section and you have 1 minute left". So i'm sitting there going through the q's quite casually then realise ive got tonnes left cos there is only 1 min left!!! For other sections, he said you have x mins to complete this section, then, it would get near the end of time and it was; "you have 15 seconds left" It was really hard to gauge how much time you needed to just put a few guessing ticks in. We werent even allowed to keep our pens in our hands!!!
    I'm still pleased with my result tho. If i did it again id be more prepared so would work faster and maybe get more right:rolleyes: . I got my letter inviting me to join mensa so i'll probably do that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

How much does it cost to take the test here?

It's 16 quid here.
    I can't remember what it cost me, will check later but i think is was about £15 and i had a special offer to take a friend for free so i did. He is invited to join to!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you need a score of ~148 to get in?

ReputationRep:
    No, i'm getting in once i send my application away. I only got >148 in my home test and don't know how much that goes towards the final thing.
    Again good luck

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application form away today. Soon i will be an official memeber of mensa:eek:

ReputationRep:
    my supervised test was a load of rubbish; it was invigilated by some random foreign person who didn't give the right instructions, the question papers already had answers filled in... shambles really. so everybody's test was voided and nobody was allowed to take another one for four years lol.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you need a score of ~148 to get in?
    * Cattell III B - 148
    * Culture Fair - 132
    * Ravens Advanced Matrices - 135
    * Ravens Standard Matrices - 131
    * Wechsler Scales - 132

That is the scores you need on the different tests to get in and I think the Cattell III B is the one mensa uses. Well done on your high score by the way OP.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.