The Student Room Group

International Relations Applicants 2013

I'm just interested to know who here is applying to International Relations/Politics/Studies, whether it's a single/combined/joint honour. Also, where are each of you applying to?

I'm applying to Warwick, Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Aberystwyth.

Five out of five offers now, all conditional.
Warwick - AAA
Surrey - AAB
Sussex - AAB/A*BB
Kent - ABB
Aberystwyth - 300 points
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I am! Edinburgh, Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow and Loughborough
Reply 3
International Relations with Politics:

Plymouth

Politics:

Westminster
Swansea
Nottingham Trent
Salford
Reply 4
Me too :smile: Sheffield, Nottingham, Glasgow, Leeds and Birmingham
Reply 5
Im doing straight international relations at all but glasgow, where ive applied for just politics. not got any offers yet though!
IR and German
Reading, Leeds, Aston

German and Politics
Nottingham

Politics and IR
Oxford Brookes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Not quite IR but since you said politics too!

Politics and History at Nottingham, Southampton, Kent, Royal Holloway and Sussex. :smile:

Sent off my part of UCAS on Tuesday, just waiting for my tutor to write my reference...
Reply 8
Yep IR and French
Leeds
Kent
Aston
Loughborough
Nott Trent
Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bristol and York!
Reply 10
I'm aiming to apply for IR, but all my choices have a different name. The annoying thing about IR is that every uni seems to have a different name for it, bu they're essentially the same course

Warwick - PAIS
LSE - IR + History
Sheffield - IR + Politics
Notts - IR + Global Issues
Exeter - IR
Reply 11
Original post by bs12345
I'm aiming to apply for IR, but all my choices have a different name. The annoying thing about IR is that every uni seems to have a different name for it, bu they're essentially the same course

Warwick - PAIS
LSE - IR + History
Sheffield - IR + Politics
Notts - IR + Global Issues
Exeter - IR

I know exactly what you mean. Writing the personal statement was a bit annoying as I didn't know whether to just refer to the course as IR.
Reply 12
Original post by smjwell
I know exactly what you mean. Writing the personal statement was a bit annoying as I didn't know whether to just refer to the course as IR.

Yeah I just decided to refer to it as 'international relations' (which takes up an annoying amount of characters in the PS haha) because it seems most relevant to all of them.
Hey Im applying for Loughborough, Hull, Aberystywyth, Aberdeen and im stuck for Oxford Brookes or Queen Mary as my fifth choice! All for IR or IR and politics
LSE: International Relations
KCL: International Politics
Durham: International Relations
Warwick: Politics with International Studies
York: Politics with International Relations
Reply 15
Just sent of my application :smile:

IR at Essex, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Swansea.
and
International Politics at Aberystwyth.

Very nervous! Good luck everyone!
Waiting to send off my application, my teacher has my personal statement but hasn't got back to me!
Anyway I'm doing straight IR at Aberystwyth.

IR and History at Leicester

IR and Politics at Cardiff, Reading and Manchester/Aston
Reply 17
After a bit of waffling about, I think I've finally come up with a list. In a vague sort of choice-related order:

St Andrews: International Relations and Philosophy
LSE: International Relations
Durham: International Relations
KCL: International Politics
Edinburgh: International Relations

I was waiting around for my test scores (US student, weirdness) before applying, but I should hopefully have everything in by mid-November. Rather nervous, I'll admit, as I don't know what the typical response time is for any of my universities...
Original post by ariadnak
Rather nervous, I'll admit, as I don't know what the typical response time is for any of my universities...

Hey!

The Unis you've picked take forever. Especially St Andrews. (I Applied there and Edinburgh too). - A lot of them won't even start looking at applications until the 15th January as that's the UK Deadline for applications... But you might hear before this because you're an International Student - and some Unis tend to get back to you guys quicker.
Reply 19
Original post by Northern_Ireland
Hey!

The Unis you've picked take forever. Especially St Andrews. (I Applied there and Edinburgh too). - A lot of them won't even start looking at applications until the 15th January as that's the UK Deadline for applications... But you might hear before this because you're an International Student - and some Unis tend to get back to you guys quicker.

Eek! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised... Originally I was going to apply to Manchester (instead of Durham), and I guess they're known for being a bit quicker, but I'm pretty happy with this list so I guess I'll stick with it. :smile:

I do know that St Andrews says they get back to international applicants who apply directly within four weeks. I don't know about UCAS applicants, though... I guess I'll just have to live in hope.

And also actually put in the effort to apply to my US schools (which I wasn't going to, if I got into one of my UK choices before the US deadline).

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending