Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If Harry dies, wont "avada kadavra" be a bit of an anti-climax? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I was just wondering what your thoughts were

If JKR does decide to kill Harry in book seven I don't think she'd have Voldemort use the killing curse just because we've already seen a build up to one of those "avada kadavras" in book six and it will get a bit repetitive if we see it again. It would be a bit rubbish to see our hero who survived that spell so long ago get killed from it in the final showdown!

So what does everyone think? And too my knowledge there aren't any other spells that can kill you are there? And I wouldn't have thought she'd have Harry die in some mortal way ie, falling off a building or bleeding to death..
    maybe she wont kill him? Yes I realise I may just be clinging to a pathetic hope :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that she will have Harry dieing in a simple way as going off a cliff.

Although George Lucus did it with Samuel L Jackson in Star Wars

ReputationRep:
    If she does kill him I am sure it will be some heroic death, where he sacrifices himself to somehow defeat Voldemort and save the world. To be honest though I don't really see him dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik)
    If she does kill him I am sure it will be some heroic death, where he sacrifices himself to somehow defeat Voldemort and save the world.
    :ditto:

bleeding to death..
    But he could wave his wand and, hey presto... be cured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_w)
    :ditto:

But he could wave his wand and, hey presto... be cured
    yeah but correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't read the books since last year ) He couldn't even heal his nose when it was bleeding in book six after Malfoy caught him snooping. Tonks had to do it for him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeana)
    yeah but correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't read the books since last year ) He couldn't even heal his nose when it was bleeding in book six after Malfoy caught him snooping. Tonks had to do it for him...
    ...well at least he knows now

(Original post by Dude)

Although George Lucus did it with Samuel L Jackson in Star Wars
    Wasn't that terrible? Mace Windu was the strongest jedi(after Yoda I think) and that was such a weak way to finish him off.

Shall we protest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeana)
    but it was him who later in the book cured some girl's nose when it got broken in a quidditch practise! hehe

ReputationRep:
    itll be like the matrix, neo cant exist without agent smith and vice versa. Harry and voldemort linked by something and harry will have to die to kill voldemort etc etc. TEDIOUS...

ReputationRep:
    and yo less did you see the way that the emperor dude rinsed all the other jedis that windu was with, and then windu reemed him... samuel L jackson for the win

ReputationRep:
    If Harry did die (if he does) by the killing curse or some other pathetic way Harry Potter will not exist for me again ever.

ReputationRep:
    Bet he will sacrfice himself to kill Lord V!!!

(Original post by supernova2)
    and yo less did you see the way that the emperor dude rinsed all the other jedis that windu was with, and then windu reemed him... samuel L jackson for the win
    Samuel Jackson should have won. ****

His purple lightsaber is great Beaten only be Darth Maul's double one:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Wasn't that terrible? Mace Windu was the strongest jedi(after Yoda I think) and that was such a weak way to finish him off.

Shall we protest?
    yo-less, you have to remember that Jackson told Lucus that he knew that he was going to die in this movie, but he wanted to go down in a fight. Not simply struck down by one blow.

And yes, his purple lightsaber ruled.

(Original post by Dude)
    yo-less, you have to remember that Jackson told Lucus that he knew that he was going to die in this movie, but he wanted to go down in a fight. Not simply struck down by one blow.

And yes, his purple lightsaber ruled.
    Samuel Jackson told George Lucas how he wanted to die?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well, i think The Emperor was supposed to be sooo powerful that they wanted to show that power by showing how he could waste all those Jedis without much effort. But then Samuel and he should've had more of a fight to make it more of a glorious battle, i agree with you there!

The purple lightsaber was cooler than Maul's red saber 'staff'. But the orange one i designed in Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy killed the purple one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Samuel Jackson told George Lucas how he wanted to die?:eek:
    Yer, he knew that he was going to be bumped off and told George that he wasn't going to be "shot in the back" as it were. He wanted a fight or he wouldn't do the movie.

But we are getting slightly off topic here.

ReputationRep:
    I know! I started this thread and now I don't understand any of it! being a slightly un-starwars fan. yes bad grammar I know etc etc, dont mean to upset u grammar gremlings out there!

ReputationRep:
    jkr is sick of harry potter its all she hears about. so she def kill him off in the last book i think.
    how remains to be seen

If the killing curse is used, it'll be in a spectacular way, like that thing that happened in the graveyard where their wands were used against each other.

Just becuase she doesn't want to ever write about him again doesn't mean she'll kill him, the end has been written for so long that I think it'll be pretty unaffected by the fact that she's fed up of him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.