Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Becca
Castle toasties are better.

NB I haven't actually ever tried a Mary's toastie, but Castle is just better in general :p:

having seen marys toasties I find it hard to believe that any could be worse, excpet maybe mildert
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Becca
Castle toasties are better.

NB I haven't actually ever tried a Mary's toastie, but Castle is just better in general :p:

:eviltongu

to be fair, I've only had one, but it was lovely... :biggrin:
Reply 22
*ahem*

Trevs toasties are the best. Especially next year when you guys (should) be here!! (Since I'm in charge now, things are gonna change :wink:)
daisychain6
Heya everyone thought itd be a good idea to see how many ppl are goin to durham as firm this Oct- Name, age, sex, location, course, college!!! 20 questions is always good...

Im Helen, 19, Leeds, Anthropology, Aidans 2006 ... roll on october :smile:

XxX:suith:

Heya. well...... Im Charlene (Chaz as only my mother calls me "charlene"), 17, N.wales (kinda nr Chester...), Biomedical Science, Stevenson!
Reply 24
Well I'm Toby and grades permitting I'll be studying modern languages (Spanish, German and Arabic) up in Durham at Collingwood. I'm 18 and from Poole in Dorset!
Toby, how have you been, good half term? Done your German essay yet? :wink:
Reply 26
Yeah my holiday's been great cheers Adam. I just got cracking on my essay this afternoon. It's coming along fairly well so far. Have you managed to get yours done yet? Hope you've had a good Easter break too. Haven't been on MSN though thanks to a new firewall which I'm trying to beat!
Reply 27
Hi i'm Kirsty from just North of Newcastle (about an hour away from Durham). Just confirmed Durham as my Firm today to do Geography at Aidans. Hoping i made the right decision! Oh and I'm 18.
Reply 28
Korsty
Hi i'm Kirsty from just North of Newcastle (about an hour away from Durham). Just confirmed Durham as my Firm today to do Geography at Aidans. Hoping i made the right decision! Oh and I'm 18.

Wooo!!

Whereabouts? Let me guess...

Blyth?
Alnwick?
Ashington?
Bamburgh?
Morpeth?

Sorry, hi! I'm Kevin, am from Newcastle and am a 2nd year geographer :smile: Welcome to The Student Room (TSR). There are a load of us geographers around so if you have any questions then just shout! :biggrin:
Reply 29
dobbs
Wooo!!

Whereabouts? Let me guess...

Blyth?
Alnwick?
Ashington?
Bamburgh?
Morpeth?

Sorry, hi! I'm Kevin, am from Newcastle and am a 2nd year geographer :smile: Welcome to The Student Room (TSR). There are a load of us geographers around so if you have any questions then just shout! :biggrin:

I live near Alnwick but in the middle of nowhere really!! Just can't wait to get out of this place!
Yay go Geography!
Reply 30
Hi, welcome to the wonderful world of The Student Room, and soon the wonderful world of both Durham and Geography at Durham!!!
As Kev said geographers are aplenty around here and we can combine to help you out!
Reply 31
Korsty
I live near Alnwick but in the middle of nowhere really!! Just can't wait to get out of this place!
Yay go Geography!

Oooh the middle of nowhere. Sounds exciting! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Talya
Go Durham!

Is that a new compulsory message addendum, Talya? :p:

Anyway, I'm Dan, male, 17 & 3/4 & a bit, currently living in South Shields (teeny tiny bit south and to the east a bit of Newcastle) but grades permitting will be studying economics with French at Butler college.

Sorry, that was a bit of a mouthful. Good to be specific :biggrin:

edit: Go Durham! :wink:
Reply 33
Yay go the people who live in and around Newcastle!!

We're so awesome :biggrin:
I haven't been to South Shields for ages. I think my Granddad used to take me there a lot when I was little. I don't remember much. Is there a little promenade, with a redish bandstand thing, somewhere? Hmmm.....

Edit: on a bit of sand and grass?
Reply 35
dobbs
Yay go the people who live in and around Newcastle!!

We're so awesome :biggrin:

We're everywhere :p: I was with some friends at the National Mall in Washington D.C. on a school trip a few years ago, and we gave a woman there some money for the charity she was supporting. I thought she was Australian because of her accent, but when she asked where we were from she was amazed - she was actually from South Shields and had moved to the states.

Watch out world, we're taking over... :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 36
goldenbarnes
I haven't been to South Shields for ages. I think my Granddad used to take me there a lot when I was little. I don't remember much. Is there a little promenade, with a redish bandstand thing, somewhere? Hmmm.....

Edit: on a bit of sand and grass?

*nods lots* that description is pretty accurate, though I don't think the bandstand is red any more. I used to have to drive round that promenade during my driving lessons. Round, and round, and round... ad nauseam. Thank God I gave up trying to learn. I was rubbish anyway!
Reply 37
South Shields is without a doubt the best beach in Tyneside, in my opinion. People harp on about bloody Whitley Bay being a "Blue Flag Beach" but I think it's crap!! South Shields is so much nicer! :biggrin:

Though can't beat Bamburgh....*drools* :wink:
Reply 38
dobbs
South Shields is without a doubt the best beach in Tyneside, in my opinion. People harp on about bloody Whitley Bay being a "Blue Flag Beach" but I think it's crap!! South Shields is so much nicer! :biggrin:

Though can't beat Bamburgh....*drools* :wink:

I hate Long Sands too - but only because it brings back memories of school cross country! Running up and down the bleeding beach in shorts and a t-shirt in the middle of spring. We had to go right up to St George's at Cullercoats and then back round Prior's Park. BRRRR!
Reply 39
Seaham beach is the best in the North East...

Latest