The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Marie05
lol :smile: thank you, good luck to you too and yes TSR reckons i will be famous soon enough :biggrin:

Greeniev - Hey i will still be 17 too when i start at Imperial hopefully! I have a friend going to Imperial too hopefully, and he promised he'll be buying me the drinks :p: :rolleyes:

to keep on topic i'll post some random pictures shall i...:smile:

the first picture is the Head of Sixth Form's car! :p:
second picture is my biology class *cries*
third picture - chemistry class (im the one second from left)
fourth pic - turfed Head of Sixth form office :p:
fifth - a physics teacher's car! :biggrin:

woohoo! :party: lol
When are you turning 18?

Great piccies btw. I had to laugh at the cars :biggrin:
And you do have rather small classes... even my Physics class was bigger than that (and it's IB...) :eek:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
i do believe this is a good time to remind you people of the "Keep Our Female Medics Away From NON-Medics" Society :boxing::ts::security::ts::fight: me and the swede are starting (speaking of which where is he?) (see page 4 of this thread for details) :p:

i also believe this is getting :topic:

hows this post for smilieys eh greeniev?!
Reply 242
greeniev
woohoo! :party: lol
When are you turning 18?

Great piccies btw. I had to laugh at the cars :biggrin:
And you do have rather small classes... even my Physics class was bigger than that (and it's IB...) :eek:

hey :biggrin: i turn 18 this year on the 4th Nov.

there are two small classes of yr 13's for biology and chemistry at my school, they say they like to keep them small, which is all good :smile: And there's only one small yr 13 class for physics, but they have A LOT of fun! I considered going to physics lessons during my free periods just because of that! :p:
Reply 243
kitsune
*Marie05 is very pretty!*

:blushing: thank you and to you giang
the male:female ratio for our physics class is 10:1. i think we have less fun because of this. biology is great though, we have this really cool teacher that makes us look at "miracle weight loss" websites and makes us rubbish as many of their "scientific" claims as possible (eg: turning fat into muscle) he also teaches us really weird stuff which is really un politically correct but fun anyways!

downside is we dont really get through much of the syllabus
Reply 245
You're lucky tho... I'm turning 18 next year! :eek:
And apparently, they don't ID people at Imperial anyways :biggrin:

I like small classes. My Music IB class first consisted of 4 people at the start of the course, and then one of them dropped it within a week, another one dropped it a month later I think and then we were only 2 people! :cool: Was cool really lol.
Reply 246
The Caretaker
i do believe this is a good time to remind you people of the "Keep Our Female Medics Away From NON-Medics" Society :boxing::ts::security::ts::fight: me and the swede are starting (speaking of which where is he?) (see page 4 of this thread for details) :p:

i also believe this is getting :topic:

hows this post for smilieys eh greeniev?!

:eek:

too many smilies! *flees* :biggrin:
Reply 247
The Caretaker
the male:female ratio for our physics class is 10:1. i think we have less fun because of this. biology is great though, we have this really cool teacher that makes us look at "miracle weight loss" websites and makes us rubbish as many of their "scientific" claims as possible (eg: turning fat into muscle) he also teaches us really wierd stuff which is really un politically correct but fun anyways!

:rofl: seriously? We were 4 girls in our physics class - we were 12 altogether. That makes a ratio of *thinks* 3:1 :biggrin: not bad innit?
Reply 248
The Caretaker

:rofl: have any female medics accepted the idea?! :wink:
er... well... lets put it this way, havent got any complaints yet!
Reply 250
The Caretaker
er... well... lets put it this way, havent got any complaints yet!

lol i'll make my mind up once at imperial hopefully! :p:
wow i was expecting a "no, i dont believe in this segregation you are advocating, i will veto this ridiculous society you plan to start caretaker" or something like that. the fact that you didnt means deep down you approve :p:
Reply 252
caretaker u think too much on a sunday morning
nah ive been watching poirot, was just imitating his style. the guy is so clever!
Reply 254
The Caretaker
wow i was expecting a "no, i dont believe in this segregation you are advocating, i will veto this ridiculous society you plan to start caretaker" or something like that. the fact that you didnt means deep down you approve :p:

haha!! but hey hey i didnt say i approve!! I said i'll need to make my mind up once we start at Imperial, so i can make a wise judgement on whether this society is necessary or not! :biggrin:
Reply 255
:rofl: Poirot rocks man!
Marie05
haha!! but hey hey i didnt say i approve!!

[french accent]no no, you did not say this out loud mon ami, but what you thought in your mind, that is a different matter![/french accent]
Reply 257
The Caretaker
[french accent]no no, you did not say this out loud mon ami, but what you thought in your mind, that is a different matter![/french accent]

:rofl: like i said i 'll make my mind up at imperial! (If i get in!)

and you play Badminton?! i love Badminton! but apparently i play it like tennis :confused:
Reply 258
greeniev
:rofl: seriously? We were 4 girls in our physics class - we were 12 altogether. That makes a ratio of *thinks* 3:1 :biggrin: not bad innit?

in my class from 15... 4 were girls... almost an 4:1 ratio... however at uni it's something like 8-12:1 depending on the speciality you are taking :p:
Reply 259
My physics class is 15 boys and no girls... and yes, it's a mixed school :eek:

Latest