Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive been going out with my boyfriend for about 5 months now and for the past few weeks ive been experiencing different feeling towards him and i think i love him.

Ive been wanting to tell him but am scared that he doesnt feel the same way. So i was just wondering if anyone knows any signs of signals that i can look out for that might show that he could love me?

Thanks to anyone who replies

ReputationRep:
    Unless you can see into his mind, there are no clues really... Maybe he's in the same situation you're in, wondering if you feel the same, but being too scared to say anything?

ReputationRep:
    It's quite hard to tell if he 'loves' you as such - only he really knows it for sure.

I wouldn't have thought it would really do any harm if you tell him you love him, but just make sure you don't come on too too strong as this may put him off.

Besides, you don't have to say plainly 'I love you' to him - maybe try to show it to him some other way and then he may open up to you.

A lot of guys are not that great at the old emotional side of relationships, so he may just be a bit shy - even to you.

However, its not for me to say, but don't be surprised if he doesn't hold quite the same feelings for you and sees your relationship as just a bit of fun as sadly some people do - but the fact you've been going out for quite a while is itself a sign that he is committed to you.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Professorfitboy.
    What ways could i try and show him how i feel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaemba)
    Thanks Professorfitboy.
    What ways could i try and show him how i feel?
    Try and do spontaneous things - obviously you may buy him a present on his birthday, valentines etc but maybe buy him a present or some flowers for no reason at all.

Maybe you could go on a long romantic walk, hug him for no reason, and try and be around him as much as possible - not to the point where he thinks you're wierd but to the point that he realises that you're giving up your time just to be around him.

Try looking here http://www.priory.com/paeds/101%20ways.htm for more ideas.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. He's your bf - doesn't that equal being in love? :confused: You're not someones gf if they don't love you...

EDIT: although that would explain people having had 10 "boyfriends/girlfriends" at the age of 18... Maybe I'm too old fashioned for the 2000s. :rolleyes:

No need for comments like this

ReputationRep:
    Tell him in a subtle way. It will make the situation less anxious for you and he'll most likely feel the same anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugatree)
    I don't understand. He's your bf - doesn't that equal being in love? :confused: You're not someones gf if they don't love you...

EDIT: although that would explain people having had 10 "boyfriends/girlfriends" at the age of 18... Maybe I'm too old fashioned for the 2000s. :rolleyes:
    Haha yes you are being rather old fashioned :p: If that's true nowadays then love has an extremely loose definition!

ReputationRep:
    Girls are sopposed to talk about love anyway. Just tell him, if he loves you he'll be all exited/say it back, if he doesn't love you he'll probably think "sodding girls, what the hell is love? Sounds like some ****ty made up word to me". Or at least I do.

ReputationRep:
    wahey...its almost a year old thread..Im sure the OP has realise by now if he lvoes her or not..or loved [not knowing anything about the op]

ReputationRep:
    I would have normally removed the anon post that caused this 9-month-old thread to be revived, as it was rather inappropriate. However, it would be a shame for people to see this thread and think that it was Love Sheep who revived it when it wasn't, so I've just edited the offending post instead of removing it.

Regardless, thread locked.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2007
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.