Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Iv got coursework and dont know where to start...i have to assess a case and show how it has effected the development of public/administartive law!

Can anyone help me with what type of things i should be writing about??!!

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at the law before this case was decided. Then, look at how this case affected the law - did it radically change the law as it was by providing a new precedent? Did it codify various conflcting decisions? What cases have been decided quoting/following the arguements made in your original case? I'd also try to get some journal articles that discuss this case, and you MUST read the decision in full - if you want to go all out, read the decisions for all courts in which this case was argued in (I'm assuming it is a Court of Appeal/House of Lords case), therefore you can comment if the decision was upheld or overturned.

You could also look at the legislation in this area - has legislation been made following the decision in this case? Did legislation exist in this area previously? If so, was it useful for this case?

What is the case/area of law you are looking at. I maybe able to provide more help if it's a case or area which I know.

ReputationRep:
    It is the case of R (on the application of Dudson) v Sectretary of state for the Home Department. Its about the right to an oral heaing, and basically the court held he did not have a right. It also refers to article 6 (1) of the ECHR. Any help you can give me, or any extra reading you can recommed will be very much appreciated"! Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlielou)
    It is the case of R (on the application of Dudson) v Sectretary of state for the Home Department. Its about the right to an oral heaing, and basically the court held he did not have a right. It also refers to article 6 (1) of the ECHR. Any help you can give me, or any extra reading you can recommed will be very much appreciated"! Thank you!!
    What year is that? I don't recall it off-hand?

ReputationRep:
    its a 2006 case
    Thanks!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.