Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway where you can call anywhere in the world and the minutes come out of your anytime/any network (I have heard about this but not sure how to do this).

Any ideas?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is such a package.

It would cost you to call abroad normally.

ReputationRep:
    ISTR reading something about an official package which allowed this - could be Vodafone?

But, you can also do it unofficially by dialling the international number through a UK callthrough number which is included in your inclusive minutes. e.g. on most O2 tariffs you can call 0870 and 0845 numbers within inclusive minutes (but check your individual tariff first!) - therefore you can ring one of these international callthrough numbers on an 0870, then it gives you a dialtone and you enter the international number. Try googling for it.

ReputationRep:
    With some vodaphone contracts you can get something called "passport".

You pay 75p for all international calls then the rest of the minutes come out of your bundle.

You'll have to check that though becasue I'm not certain.

ReputationRep:
    I think the new tmobile flext would include international minutes just check.

ReputationRep:
    http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatc...tent_Id=AZ_076

Thats Vodaphones deal.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.simply-fone.com/

I use this all the time, brilliant service. Beware though that some networks dont allow it or charge it instead of taking it out of your inclusive minutes, the website explains it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by button16)
    I think the new tmobile flext would include international minutes just check.
    no it doesnt. international calls dont come out of your credit. going on internet doesnt even come off your credit. you are charged seperate for that as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DredgeReformist)
    With some vodaphone contracts you can get something called "passport".

You pay 75p for all international calls then the rest of the minutes come out of your bundle.

You'll have to check that though becasue I'm not certain.
    75p connection fee (you pay this to receive or make a call) then the minutes come out of your amount. So if you called for 50mins in the UK, you would lose 50mins. If you called for 50mins in Spain, it would cost 75p, then you would lose 50mins. The connection fee is then added on to your bill.

This only works in these countries though:
    Albania
    Australia
    Belgium
    Czech Republic
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Republic of Ireland
    Italy
    Japan
    Malta
    The Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Portugal
    Spain
    Romania
    Sweden
    Switzerland

(applies to a certian network within that country)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.