Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Procrastination is an amazing thing.

Just this morning, I woke up and thought it was about time to get some books out and do some much needed revision. This idea remained in my head until I stretched my arms out in my bed and happened to clatter my old Gameboy. I picked it up and looked at what cartridge it had inside and raised a little smile when I saw that it was Tetris. I looked up at my clock and, because it was still only 10:50, thought I'd have a go... just one.

Half an hour, six go's and a high score of 238,768 later, I set the Gameboy down and had another, much deserved, stretch. Time for a shower I thought, and then I'll definitely do some work. Another half and hour later and with all the hot water used, I got changed and toddled downstairs. I sat down on the sofa and quickly realised that I'd left my pencil case and required notes upstairs. Blast, I thought, and was just about to mosey back upstairs to fetch them when hunger crept into my mind.

Another half an hour, four hot-cross buns, a cup of tea and most of a crossword later, I took out my empty plate to the kitchen and realised that all that eating had made me a bit tired. A quick five minutes in front of the TV should cure that, I thought, so I switched on ITV1...

An hour and an episode of Columbo later, I was nice and refreshed and could now start the revision. Blast, I thought again, I needed to check my Durham Emails to find out the new homework questions. So, I turned on the computer, fired-up IMP webmail and jotted down what I had to do. I could now really make a start, I was adequately fed, watered and rested. I was just about to turn off the computer when I thought that it would probably be best to check my bank account balance while I was still online...

Another hour, three Facebook messages, a game of Microsoft Pinball and a Google search for "Why is a monkey puzzle tree called a monkey puzzle tree?" later, I'm still sat here, writing this account of my day...

... Exam failures are quite likely.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie K)
    Procrastination is an amazing thing.

Just this morning, I woke up and thought it was about time to get some books out and do some much needed revision. This idea remained in my head until I stretched my arms out in my bed and happened to clatter my old Gameboy. I picked it up and looked at what cartridge it had inside and raised a little smile when I saw that it was Tetris. I looked up at my clock and, because it was still only 10:50, thought I'd have a go... just one.

Half an hour, six go's and a high score of 238,768 later, I set the Gameboy down and had another, much deserved, stretch. Time for a shower I thought, and then I'll definitely do some work. Another half and hour later and with all the hot water used, I got changed and toddled downstairs. I sat down on the sofa and quickly realised that I'd left my pencil case and required notes upstairs. Blast, I thought, and was just about to mosey back upstairs to fetch them when hunger crept into my mind.

Another half an hour, four hot-cross buns, a cup of tea and most of a crossword later, I took out my empty plate to the kitchen and realised that all that eating had made me a bit tired. A quick five minutes in front of the TV should cure that, I thought, so I switched on ITV1...

An hour and an episode of Columbo later, I was nice and refreshed and could now start the revision. Blast, I thought again, I needed to check my Durham Emails to find out the new homework questions. So, I turned on the computer, fired-up IMP webmail and jotted down what I had to do. I could now really make a start, I was adequately fed, watered and rested. I was just about to turn off the computer when I thought that it would probably be best to check my bank account balance while I was still online...

Another hour, three Facebook messages, a game of Microsoft Pinball and a Google search for "Why is a monkey puzzle tree called a monkey puzzle tree?" later, I'm still sat here, writing this account of my day...

... Exam failures are quite likely.

:toofunny:
    That's what has happened pretty much everyday with me this holiday

ReputationRep:
    At least that's good procrastination.

I got up at 11.45am

Had breakfast

Came online

And I'm still here

ReputationRep:
    On a normal day (ie when I'm not packing like today) I get up at 9, get all the lazyness out of my system till 10.30ish them start work till 12 then rest till lunch at 1 then rest and walk till 3 then work till 5 then stop

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't done anything...

ReputationRep:
    I just can't get up early if I don't need to be up early. It's SO annoying, and why I wish I had more 9am/10am lectures, at least then I'd be up and ready nice and early, rather than getting up at 11am and taking 2hrs to get ready then realise half of the day has already gone

One reason why I love rowing & coaching rowing, it MAKES me get up!

ReputationRep:
    But sleep is so good and cosy and snuggilyfied...

ReputationRep:
    Toddled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach:))
    Toddled
    I thought you'd like that :p:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I did
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You'll all be pleased to know, (of course) that I've done a bit of work, finally. I should do more... but the pub calleth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie K)
    You'll all be pleased to know, (of course) that I've done a bit of work, finally. I should do more... but the pub calleth!

my little cup of joy is overflowing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra)
    my little cup of joy is overflowing
    Me thinks get a new cup... joy is in abundance...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.