Singapore Kopitiam Watch

volante
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by timorockstaryeo)
Hello! Is there anyone going to/in University of Bristol?
I might go there but only in 2012!

Are you going this year?
lalalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by timorockstaryeo)
hey acegunner, no worries! i'm going to bristol in september to start school. I think warwick is possible but KCL is kinda dicey. But still, I think you should spread your choices evenly. Meaning, choose a couple of slightly out of reach unis (you never know your chances so just try!), then two safe choices and finally one backup plan should all fail (choy). That's what I did and it worked out for me. So i guess you could put down both Warwick and KCL. You'll never know what might happen! Cheers =)
Hi may i ask why bristol? what were your other options? i'm tryign to decide bet notts bham and bristol for law
timorockstaryeo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by volante)
I might go there but only in 2012!

Are you going this year?
Yeah! I'm headed there this fall. Its a lovely place to study in. I was there last december only for a day trip but I loved it.
timorockstaryeo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lalalaxx)
Hi may i ask why bristol? what were your other options? i'm tryign to decide bet notts bham and bristol for law
Well, I had either Bristol or Manchester to choose from cos I got rejected from LSE and Kings. So i asked around the UCAS forums and TSE forums about Bristol's reputation for Law and they all said that it seemed to be better than Manc. Plus I visited both places last dec to see how it was like. The people at bristol were really nice whilst the ones at Manc didn't really seem bothered to entertain me. =( Additionally bristol is BEAUTIFUL. Did you go for the Bristol offer holders event at Wong Partnership?
lalalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okay i just applied haha. late right i know. applied notts, soas, bristol, york anddd durham! need to do well for my lnat D:
timorockstaryeo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
haha. omg. lnats. don't remind me. lnats were a nightmare for me. make sure you try the practice questions.
adamlaw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone firmed a place at King's to read Law? Or still waiting, at least?
volante
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by adamlaw)
Anyone firmed a place at King's to read Law? Or still waiting, at least?
May I know how did you score for your A levels to get a place in King's law?
I intend to apply there in the next cycle!
eirelavtan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Isaacchan)
what is CRB ??!?!??!?!?!??!?!??! You're making me panic! :eek:

I have no idea what you're talking about in 1 and 2. OMG.

3.) I will apply 3 mths before my course starts. the opening date. why? 2 reasons. I'm going backpacking in australia in july and I want to settle this ASAP. 2.) I am a damn kiasu singaporean.

4.) What is section B? omg.

5.) Why do u need to send over your docs? huh???

why did u receive a conditional? I received an unconditional from Leeds w/o having to take any additional tests. But then again I'm a guy and I did my NS in 2008. I suspect you're a girl who just received your A levels?
yeap ima girl who just fin my A levels. okay. its a record to say you're a perfectly safe, sensible person, able to work with kids/elderly.

you'll probably need your COC. then as narev stated. costs $50 if i'm not wrong. takes 3 weeks processing time.

but again, i think it may be different for unconditional offers. (:
Isaacchan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eirelavtan)
yeap ima girl who just fin my A levels. okay. its a record to say you're a perfectly safe, sensible person, able to work with kids/elderly.

you'll probably need your COC. then as narev stated. costs $50 if i'm not wrong. takes 3 weeks processing time.

but again, i think it may be different for unconditional offers. (:
I read it on the SPF website- they'll only give you a COC if some govt agency or whatever asks for it. Well, no one asked me for anything, so I'm not doing anything until someone asks me for it. :P

anyway which uni are u going? gosh i'm so excited haha
adamlaw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
May I know how did you score for your A levels to get a place in King's law?
I intend to apply there in the next cycle!
Sorry I can't advise. I was from a poly.
Narev
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Isaacchan)
I read it on the SPF website- they'll only give you a COC if some govt agency or whatever asks for it. Well, no one asked me for anything, so I'm not doing anything until someone asks me for it. :P

anyway which uni are u going? gosh i'm so excited haha
It does not need to be a government agency. To be honest, if you send them an email and explain that your University / charity organization in the UK wants it, they'll do it for you provided they receive a letter / official document from them. I've had to do that last year.
volante
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by adamlaw)
Sorry I can't advise. I was from a poly.
wow what did you do in poly?
must have gotten a really high gpa!
adamlaw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
wow what did you do in poly?
must have gotten a really high gpa!
Did a diploma in law and management, tp. Uhmmm, not very high... but high enough I guess
boucy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
aberystwyth uni 2011 Int Pol with Econs any fellow sillyporean?
qwertyfied
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys I was just wondering if I could ask some of you for advice. I recieved my acceptence into the University of Manchester yesterday to read European Studies with Italian and I'm wondering if I should go for it instead of studying at NUS Arts and Social Science plus USP which I already have a places in. I love the UK and it would be a dream to study there especially in a good university like Manchester but that mean taking on a huge loan. Is it really worth it? Or would it be better to just stay in Singapore?

Also I'd like to ask if a degree from NUS is recognised in the UK and Europe in general? I want to work in Europe after graduating. What do you guys think? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
boucy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by qwertyfied)
Hey guys I was just wondering if I could ask some of you for advice. I recieved my acceptence into the University of Manchester yesterday to read European Studies with Italian and I'm wondering if I should go for it instead of studying at NUS Arts and Social Science plus USP which I already have a places in. I love the UK and it would be a dream to study there especially in a good university like Manchester but that mean taking on a huge loan. Is it really worth it? Or would it be better to just stay in Singapore?

Also I'd like to ask if a degree from NUS is recognised in the UK and Europe in general? I want to work in Europe after graduating. What do you guys think? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
if you can afford it go
but from what i know machester is better for its business degree rather then European studies
eirelavtan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Narev)
It does not need to be a government agency. To be honest, if you send them an email and explain that your University / charity organization in the UK wants it, they'll do it for you provided they receive a letter / official document from them. I've had to do that last year.
they ignored my email for over a week.

so i guess i'm going down to e police cantonment complex to get it myself.

how much did you have to pay for your COC?

also, is COC = CNCC?

and how long is the processing time? (some websites say 3 wks, some say 8 wks..)

and just to confirm again (cos i called them up and they replied that what i was looking for was a CNCC and it costed 45 SGD)

there are so many different versions about the application prodecure, fees, and documents to bring that i'm confused -.-
Narev
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by eirelavtan)
they ignored my email for over a week.

so i guess i'm going down to e police cantonment complex to get it myself.

how much did you have to pay for your COC?

also, is COC = CNCC?

and how long is the processing time? (some websites say 3 wks, some say 8 wks..)

and just to confirm again (cos i called them up and they replied that what i was looking for was a CNCC and it costed 45 SGD)

there are so many different versions about the application prodecure, fees, and documents to bring that i'm confused -.-
It's a COC. The CNCC is the outdated version, but they didn't take down the website.

What I did was send them an email (to the wrong email address too - cause I thought it was still CNCC and not COC), but it was redirected to COC and answered within a day. They processed it in less than 2 weeks for me, not counting post from UK->Singapore->UK. This was during the Christmas period too, so I'm actually quite lucky.

I would guess the processing time depends on the 'urgency' (I stated it was important and I needed it by a specific date - and they acknowledged and said they would try to expedite the process), and whether there are people applying for the COC as well.

Hope this helps!
tayjuno
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hi guys! anyone reading medicine at imperial college this year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads