Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psyche87)
    And the following year we passed those essay plans down to the juniors doing the same course...)
    I do things like that (and I know other Singaporeans do as well). But hey, it's a nice way to get rid of material you don't want (especially if it's in paper), and well, you're not competing with your juniors for marks :P

Probably an out of point example, but I know a story where person A and person B were in the same course, and person B didn't know how to do an assignment. Person A helped Person B, Person B found some minor mistakes in Person A's workings, but didn't inform Person A. Person B received full marks, while Person A received about 60% of the marks.

It happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boucy)
    looks like someone has an obsession with me huh all 3 post trying to talk about me. I guess he is still trying to prove himself.

Anyway @bella , i do not know if its a good idea , i had a friend who studies in the states when to change his money into USD and bank into his acc before payment. He mentioned the exchange rate is better. If is not an hassle you can perhaps look at that option
    pu shi ba. why mus change to america money le? i am going to u.k so should change to u.k money ba^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwentan)
    pu shi ba. why mus change to america money le? i am going to u.k so should change to u.k money ba^^
    haha just an example , i mean if doing that give u better usd rate perhaps its the same for pound

so sorry for the confusion

ReputationRep:
    how about visa application and cas number?

ReputationRep:
    Singapore = great place for FTs

ehehehehehehehehheheheee !

ReputationRep:
    nobody is going to hertfordshire?? are you guy flying alone?

i delay one year after college.. don't have friends to accompany me.. some went other uni..

ReputationRep:
    Singapore is cannon fodder for UK

ReputationRep:
    yea i'm a FT.. is not like i want to be in sg.. not that sg is bad.. just that parents want me to work here. Kinda sad when i don't have friends here. I' not unfriendly, i just work in a company with only 4 people in it.. and two left.. and hiring new person.. i hope is a guy cause girls tend to complain and complain zz..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wqliu90)
    Im going for Econs. So here's a jumping hi five to a fellow lse fresher. ^5! Have you applied for accom yet?
    Hahaha hgh 5 back! Yeap just applied on Saturday! What about you?
    Which one's your top choice?
    We should have a LSE freshers meet up one day. hehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmism)
    Hahaha hgh 5 back! Yeap just applied on Saturday! What about you?
    Which one's your top choice?
    We should have a LSE freshers meet up one day. hehehe
    congrats on getting into IR by the way, insanely competitive course. I had a look through the syllabus and it looks very interesting, i'd have taken IR if i had a choice I applied to CS, Rosebery, and Passfield. We'll get to meet fellow LSE freshers during the uk-departure convention later in August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwentan)
    how about visa application and cas number?
    gosh. when will u ever learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellameow)
    yea i'm a FT.. is not like i want to be in sg.. not that sg is bad.. just that parents want me to work here. Kinda sad when i don't have friends here. I' not unfriendly, i just work in a company with only 4 people in it.. and two left.. and hiring new person.. i hope is a guy cause girls tend to complain and complain zz..

just wallop their money and then chau lah.

of SG women are monkeys, if they so great then how they don't do NS ??

Fg hypocrites, run by ugly CWDs

btw, LSE is shiet and going downhill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Txi)
    just wallop their money and then chau lah.

of SG women are monkeys, if they so great then how they don't do NS ??

Fg hypocrites, run by ugly CWDs

btw, LSE is shiet and going downhill.
    :blah: zzz.. no interest to talk to u.. just be happy i'm going to further study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellameow)
    :blah: zzz.. no interest to talk to u.. just be happy i'm going to further study.

then don't reply to me dumdum!

ReputationRep:
    sometimes wonder why you are so unhappy and angry with things. you probably going to say that i'm dumb and stupid and start criticizing, all sorts of ways to make people feel bad and then you feel oh-so-happy after that. but it's okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wqliu90)
    congrats on getting into IR by the way, insanely competitive course. I had a look through the syllabus and it looks very interesting, i'd have taken IR if i had a choice I applied to CS, Rosebery, and Passfield. We'll get to meet fellow LSE freshers during the uk-departure convention later in August
    Ohh that's great! So looking forward to August
    My priorities are actually the intercollegiate halls! - hughes parry, commonwealth and connaught.
    Thanks! really relieved that I got it too! Congrats on getting Econs too btw! The competition for the course is crazy too!!!
    Have you received your CAS?

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to receive any instructions or letters at all even though it's almost (well, okay, still slightly over a month, but I am very kiasu) to visa application. I will probably bombard them with emails come mid-May. Has anyone here received instructions as to how to obtain CAS from your school? I know each school will operate on their own schedule, but I just want to have a gauge as to how soon I should harass them!

I've been told that I should pay school fees upon enrolment, but that seems to contradict some people's instructions that CAS can only be obtain upon payment for school fees. So sorry for the questions, don't bite my head off!

ReputationRep:
    you will receive your cas once you've done ur deposit and get ur conditional letter. then only proceed to visa.

meeting agent this sat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monchouchou)
    I have yet to receive any instructions or letters at all even though it's almost (well, okay, still slightly over a month, but I am very kiasu) to visa application. I will probably bombard them with emails come mid-May. Has anyone here received instructions as to how to obtain CAS from your school? I know each school will operate on their own schedule, but I just want to have a gauge as to how soon I should harass them!

I've been told that I should pay school fees upon enrolment, but that seems to contradict some people's instructions that CAS can only be obtain upon payment for school fees. So sorry for the questions, don't bite my head off!
    Oxford also said that I dun need to pay any deposit first before getting the CAS. It says that students will only pay upon arriving there. Although I have to present to the British Council that I indeed have the money to pay when I apply for visa. Not sure whether they will change the procedure tho.

Maybe different schools have different policies

ReputationRep:
    don't reply - what part of that don't you get ?

Thought you SG pokkeins were so " fluent " in English.

flu..... my lun

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.