Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irenicis
"Your application has been unsuccessful

Due to the intense competition for places on this course,

UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the

best applicants. Regrettably, your UCAS application was

judged to be not as strong as that of other applicants."

It's probably my PS or smth...I seriously thought I had nabbed a place there.

What were your scores like?
Reply 3021
Original post by whitelily29
What were your scores like?

what do you mean by scores?

Do you know is there any way I can appeal?
what do you mean by scores?

Do you know is there any way I can appeal?

Grades, I mean.
I don't think so, maybe wait for the clearing period and see if UCL still has space.
Reply 3023
Grades, I mean.
I don't think so, maybe wait for the clearing period and see if UCL still has space.

ERm...1 B for GP, the rest A.

doubt clearing will have any. gotta think of smth else.
(edited 12 years ago)

That's weird. It's very good grades.. Strange...

Probably the PS then. I got the same kinda reply from Kings college 2 years in a row.
Pretty sad.
Reply 3026

Economics is quite a popular course, so 3 H2 'A's doesn't guarantee entry. UCL probably won't enter Clearing, and they say there is "normally no right of appeal" too.

Try sending them an email to ask for more specific feedback? If it's something you can improve on given an extra year and you really want to go to UCL, reapplying next cycle is an option.
Reply 3027
Original post by perpend
Economics is quite a popular course, so 3 H2 'A's doesn't guarantee entry. UCL probably won't enter Clearing, and they say there is "normally no right of appeal" too.

Try sending them an email to ask for more specific feedback? If it's something you can improve on given an extra year and you really want to go to UCL, reapplying next cycle is an option.

I'm entering Uni this year so no more reapplying. Not interested in a gap year as well.
Reply 3028
I believe so.. At least that's what the school told me. They'll send it along with the CAS.

have u paid the deposit? what is the ucas confirmation letter? is it sent through post or email?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3029

Those are very good grades, i think maybe your PS was the factor?
Reply 3030
Original post by bpbp
Those are very good grades, i think maybe your PS was the factor?

Most likely, if so i cannot forgive myself seriously.
Reply 3031
I'm entering Uni this year so no more reapplying. Not interested in a gap year as well.

there are some people considering appealing and they have posted threads in this forum. i am not sure where it is but i saw those threads quite a few times. u try and look around for it and see what others say.
i dont think u should wait for clearing. it will be too late for u to enter a uni this year.
if all the unis u chose gave u unsuccessful replies by 24th feb, u are eligible for extra.

in my honest opinion, i think you should consider applying to other unis , if u are really interested and want to enter uni this year.
Reply 3032
Original post by jonobebe
there are some people considering appealing and they have posted threads in this forum. i am not sure where it is but i saw those threads quite a few times. u try and look around for it and see what others say.
i dont think u should wait for clearing. it will be too late for u to enter a uni this year.
if all the unis u chose gave u unsuccessful replies by 24th feb, u are eligible for extra.

in my honest opinion, i think you should consider applying to other unis , if u are really interested and want to enter uni this year.

what do you mean other unis? can't really apply anything now, can i?
Reply 3033
hey guys. going imperial for medicine this year. Is anyone else going imperial this yr also?
Reply 3034
what do you mean other unis? can't really apply anything now, can i?

u can try applying directly to the uni of your choice.

some of your chosen unis havent gave replies?
Reply 3035
u can try applying directly to the uni of your choice.

some of your chosen unis havent gave replies?

ah? apply directly? I don't think there's an option for that right?

Just left with 1 more uni to offer before i can reply.

and also waiting for UCL to change their mind haha =/
Reply 3036
ah? apply directly? I don't think there's an option for that right?

Just left with 1 more uni to offer before i can reply.

and also waiting for UCL to change their mind haha =/

do u have any unconditionals yet?

there is an option for applying the uni directly. i emailed quite a few unis of my choice and ask if i could apply to the uni directly (trying to maximise my choices rather than keeping to the ucas 5) and they said that i can do it. after that just send identifications and certificates to the admission dept.
Reply 3037
do u have any unconditionals yet?

there is an option for applying the uni directly. i emailed quite a few unis of my choice and ask if i could apply to the uni directly (trying to maximise my choices rather than keeping to the ucas 5) and they said that i can do it. after that just send identifications and certificates to the admission dept.

yea i have unconditionals. bath, bristol and warwick.
Reply 3038
yea i have unconditionals. bath, bristol and warwick.

ok, so are u appealing to ucl?
Reply 3039
ok, so are u appealing to ucl?

Will do whatever it takes, provided i know what's the feasible way of doing it hahaha =/

Quick Reply

Latest