Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, no further discount? It is the GSS....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fa|ique)
    Yep, the LL.B (Hons) course at The University of Nottingham. God, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Knogle, what are your rates? I have been shopping around for a new spokesman...

(Just realised you could have seen it in my sig though...)
    Hmmm. I just realised that I can't see any sigs at all, even though I selected the "show signatures" option. How odd. (See, this makes it look like I unknowingly asked a redundant question. :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sangoire)
    Hmmm. I just realised that I can't see any sigs at all, even though I selected the "show signatures" option. How odd. (See, this makes it look like I unknowingly asked a redundant question. :p:)
    You sure you don't have Sig-a-tron switched on? That compresses all signatures into a spoiler so you'd need to expand the spoiler to see the signature.

Even if you have signatures enabled, they will only show up once per thread PAGE. This means that only the first post of an individual on a particular page will have the user's signature - all other posts will be displayed without any signature. It's to save TSR on some resources, and also save us from users with ditzy, complex, and neon signatures that are a pain to see.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have sig-a-tron switched on either. Hmmm. Still can't see any sigs at all. Ah well. At least it prevents me from getting epileptic fits from the aforementioned 'ditzy, complex and neon signatures'.

ReputationRep:
    *poke. where is everybody?

Anyway. Am much proud of self. Woke up at 7am (:eek:), was bathed, changed and out of the house at 7.10, and reached school in time for assembly (7.30). Woot. Now to remember if I've brushed my teeth...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    *poke. where is everybody?

Anyway. Am much proud of self. Woke up at 7am (:eek:), was bathed, changed and out of the house at 7.10, and reached school in time for assembly (7.30). Woot. Now to remember if I've brushed my teeth...
    Congrats. :congrats: I wake up at 6am everyday, and others probably earlier! :p:

Booooooo the school holidays are over. Now it takes longer to get to camp.

ReputationRep:
    i woke up at 730 am, got a call from a school to relief, got there by 8am
    *hides*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myriadguy)
    i woke up at 730 am, got a call from a school to relief, got there by 8am
    *hides*
    You must have not showered! :whip :grr:

ReputationRep:
    Those poor kids...

ReputationRep:
    Such memories of school-going days....

Ahh well, 6 more months of this nonsense (:p:) and it's freedom once again! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Such memories of school-going days....

Ahh well, 6 more months of this nonsense (:p:) and it's freedom once again! :cool:
    Typo alert. phew. For a second there I thought you actually missed school.

Wait...

ReputationRep:
    My bassist is going to dubai. Permanantly. *bawls.

Need ben and jerrys.

Sighhhh.

ReputationRep:
    NUS, UC Berkeley set up Risk Management Institute
    By Amanda Mun, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : The National University of Singapore (NUS) and the University of California, Berkeley have entered into a partnership to set up a Risk Management Institute (RIM).

To start in August, it will focus on financial, economic and risk management issues relevant to the Asian market.

Besides offering Certification Programmes and Masters in Financial Engineering, there are also plans for a PhD programme in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management.

The institute, located at NUS, will organise annual workshops, conferences and forums that will bring globally prominent speakers on contemporary issues and financial economics and risk management.

It will also work closely with the financial industry to attract and train finance professionals, and to generate multi-disciplinary research programmes.

The new institute hopes to advance risk management to spur the development of new financial markets in Singapore and the region.

- CNA /ls
    Wow, this must be making lots of people excited.

ReputationRep:
    Ideal for investment bankers in Asia offices.

But the danger is it really limits your options. Or is it only for masters?

ReputationRep:
    Masters only I think. I wonder how prestigious this course will turn out to be. Doesn't look bad at all though.. definitely an option.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm been a while since someone last posted huh! What've you all been up to?

For all the SAF personnel out there, check out the latest Manpower Directive released on 23rd June 2006 on disruption of NSFs. Servicemen who enlisted in March/April are now eligible for disruption in February (~1-2 months before their actual ORD date) if they're going to study at an Australian university. :cool: Based on the principlie of equity and all that, of course. No change for us UK-bound people though - we'll have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Hmmm been a while since someone last posted huh! What've you all been up to?

For all the SAF personnel out there, check out the latest Manpower Directive released on 23rd June 2006 on disruption of NSFs. Servicemen who enlisted in March/April are now eligible for disruption in February (~1-2 months before their actual ORD date) if they're going to study at an Australian university. :cool: Based on the principlie of equity and all that, of course. No change for us UK-bound people though - we'll have to wait.
    Well, it's only fair.... It's not like they chose to enlist later, anyway. AND they'd still have to return to serve their remaining time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Well, it's only fair.... It's not like they chose to enlist later, anyway. AND they'd still have to return to serve their remaining time.
    some of them chose to enlist later. at least, i know of friends who did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soonalvin)
    some of them chose to enlist later. at least, i know of friends who did.
    Then they should be punished! :eek: :whip :p:

How're you enjoying your disruption alvin? ;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    There's too much ns talk going on here.

Watching the match at 3am (sighhhh portugallll) and then having to wake up at 6am to be in school by 730 is NOT an experience i'm going to want to repeat any time. And then there's the small detail of my having to finish marking about 80 gp essay scripts by monday. 2 coffees in a space of 3 hours is a bad habit to pick up I say :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.