The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
myriadguy
-pops in as well-

i never did introduce myself did i? i'm mingjie, imperial scum ( i mean medic) wannabe... haha

yeah. scum.
:frown:
hahah. you get to get full registration in the UK (and by extension EU) when you graduate whereas poor me is stuck in this backwater.
Reply 541
hi serene! :wavey: what do you plan to read at Bristol? =)

val i'm not going for the UK talk. I'll be out of the country till Sunday... don't miss me. :p:
Reply 542
soonalvin

hahah. you get to get full registration in the UK (and by extension EU) when you graduate whereas poor me is stuck in this backwater.

Oy, finish your studies in US or UK... you'll end up having saved a lot of money..

The british council pre departure talk.. rite.. i had mine last week... full of ****, if you ask me.. only the visa section was helpful... well, tbh, for people who have no idea about uk (and who dislike using the internet, if i may add), it would have been quite helpful.
Reply 543
*waves back at Knogle* hiii! eh paiseh what's your real name? I'm studying Biology.. fancy going all the way to the UK for bio ha. Cos i want to do like environmental/wildlife conservation and there's no way NUS can give me anything like that.

Yeah I'm going for the UK thing which means I'll see some of you i guess. I'm going for the free cookbook and to meet ppl from my uni, that's about it :tongue:

Mingjie: hmm eh which JC were you from?
Reply 544
Oh arh and i've got a question: which bank accounts did you guys apply for? Or are planning to apply for.. I've got a headache here :frown:
Reply 545
I'll probably be signing up with Barclays...
Reply 546
Hello everyone, especially Serene! :ciao:

Bristol for Biology huh? That's a first1 I know of 2 others going to study Law at Bristol this year. :cool: I'm sure you'll get to meet them there!

I won't be at the UK Pre-departure Seminar but I've seen to it that a friend of mine collects the goodie bag on by behalf - no way I'd let go of that! :wink:

Not sure about the bank account stuff but I have a whole year to think about that anyway! :eek3: I suppose you could ask the experts at this Saturday's seminar.
Reply 547
Hi Nutter and thanks for the welcome :smile:

I know! All the scummy lawyers *glare* :biggrin: Practically everyone going there is doing law. Bah.

Goodie bag aceness! Haha I'm pretty sure it's just a way of making sure enough people turn up :biggrin: (reminds me of the time I went for TNP Big Walk just for the goodie bag.. heh)

I'm probably going to go along with HSBC.
Reply 548
Shall I set up a bank account service myself so you can all sign up with me? :biggrin:

I offer no guarantee of your money's security, but should my investment ventures succeed, I promise handsome returns! :yy:

In other news, I'm feeling rather bored. :p:
Nutter&Knogle: Flirts.

No idea which bank account I'm gonna use, but it sure as hell won't be nutter's.
Reply 550
Hi val. Bahahaha. Same here. And I do wonder why.
Reply 551
val

Nutter&Knogle: Flirts.
You're just jealous! ^o) :biggrin:

serene
*waves back at Knogle* hiii! eh paiseh what's your real name? I'm studying Biology.. fancy going all the way to the UK for bio ha. Cos i want to do like environmental/wildlife conservation and there's no way NUS can give me anything like that.
Just call me..... Knogle. :ninja: Uber secret identity. Bio sounds fun... although for wildlife conservation, you might as well join the army and go for all the field camps. You'll be at one with wildlife.. how romantic. :cool:

Oh and regarding your choice of banks, HSBC seems to be the most popular amongst internationals! =)
Reply 552
Australia I hereby declare my leave from TSR for the weekend. Darn UN stuff getting to me! :redface:

In other news, the Chairman of the Nutter Reserve (yours truly) has announced that interest rates for his banking service has been raised to 100%. The news sent shockwaves through the entire economy and business sector, causing share prices of all other financial institutions, particularly HSBC, to take a nosedive. Meanwhile, Nutter has employed life_rockz has the company's new spokesman on a 1-day contract. :biggrin:
Amidst internal strife and general chaos, life_rockz has resigned from her post as Nutter Reserve's spokeswoman, citing the chairman's unaccountability and *gasp possible corruption.

:p:
Reply 554
thought i'd a popped in here too late but apparently not. why is this thread misleadingly called 'singapore kopitiam' when the first half of the entire thread is devoted to nus med. !@#($&%*@ who here didn't apply to nus med BECAUSE they wanted nothing to do with it? *raises only hand around here*

anyway glad that conversation has taken a turn for the better. keep up the kopitiam talk: crap, hokkien vulgarities and the like.
Reply 555
oh and to follow up, cms calls in colleagues from forensic and litigation services to earn the pants off everyone
Reply 556
redserene
Oh arh and i've got a question: which bank accounts did you guys apply for? Or are planning to apply for.. I've got a headache here :frown:

i've no idea, i know HSBC is alot more convienient, but Barclays and the other uk banks have better services over there. i'm thinking of signing up over there (just to get the freebies, thats how cheap i am)

oh, serene, i was wandering around singapore for the past 2 yrs. never had a JC *says it with a straight face*

*fails* okok, i'm from the horrible, one and only NJC
Reply 557
Mingjie: I was thinking hmmmmmmm you sound familiar. From s25? Goodness. This is fascinating.

ms: haha i see you found way in here. I'm never going to have any money for you to earn off, as mentioned many times previously :biggrin: also: *raises hand*

the uber secret-identity-classified-information Knogle: Ah I want to get upclose and personal with the wildlife, not eat/step on them :wink:
Reply 558
ahh... you horrible girl! and you never talked to me on msn. haha, ok i forgot your msn though...
Reply 559
Eh and neither did you! Anyway I PMed you. Haha small internet world.

Quick Reply

Latest