Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    knogle: i notice you've also posted in the MORSE thread, and are active in the investment and finance thingummy. care to pm me about your plans and interests?

serene: yerher your reasons for not applying are so bad that i wouldn't dare to make them public

serene to knogle (i'm guessing): wildlife? yum! humans? yum yum.

ReputationRep:
    er. wtf?

btw humans aren't nice at all. Firstly they're full of toxins, and secondly they're hell to marinate.

ReputationRep:
    on the latter point, elephants and whales are much worse.

ReputationRep:
    to return to the kopitiam theme, what's your favourite drink guys?

mine's dependent on office workload; sometimes it's a unanimous vote for coffee (especially when all the different bits of me aren't coordinating), if i pass by mr teh tarik, the choice is obvious as well. not to mention the occasional milo dinosaur. (who on earth ever invented milo non-dinosaurs? they're not palatably possible)

and when you get to the uk, will you try your hand at pulling teh tarik?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Coffee. I'm a Caffeine Junkie. I like Cafe au Lait. without any sugar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redserene)
    er. wtf?

btw humans aren't nice at all. Firstly they're full of toxins, and secondly they're hell to marinate.
    I'm sure Dr. Lector, M.D. can show us some tricks. Bon appetit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soonalvin)
    I'm sure Dr. Lector, M.D. can show us some tricks. Bon appetit.
    i was just watching Hannibal a few wks ago. i love the ending where he gives the poor unsespecting chinese boy fried brain. mmhmm....

oh, drinks? red bull is the ultimate drink. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    oops. again the kopitiam theme is getting to me, so much so that i forgot to mention BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM YUM. can't wait to raid my uncle's liquor collection over there. if i had the chance i'd probably be downing a bottle everyday.

to alvin guy: where are you going? your signature doesn't make it very clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMS)
    oops. again the kopitiam theme is getting to me, so much so that i forgot to mention BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM YUM. can't wait to raid my uncle's liquor collection over there. if i had the chance i'd probably be downing a bottle everyday.

to alvin guy: where are you going? your signature doesn't make it very clear.
    nus. unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    wow theres a thread for singaporeans. w00ts

hahaha. rarrh national day and the usual songs. every yr our song is about hope, dream, reaching beyond blah blah blah

creativity pls

ReputationRep:
    i unabashedly declare this place a cesspit.

ReputationRep:
    On another note, India, Australia and Sri Lanka will be playing cricket in Singapore and KL next month... darn, wish I were in either place right now.

I'm really annoyed now. Last two years I was in SG n they cancelled two different cricket tours and now when I leave they finally decide to play there.

ReputationRep:
    Drinks?

I love
    -double espresso
    -sparkling water with lemon
    -teh tarik
    -milo with a lot of milk
    -haagen daaz milkshakes
    -calvados
    -wine

Any victorians went back for college day?. i think roshni's(valedictorian) speech was rather sincere.. at least it SOUNDED and LOOKED sincere.

ReputationRep:
    alvin: i agree. if i was you, i'd choose to go to cambridge and pretend to study natural sciences, whatever that is. well at least mrs foo loves you anyway.

guy with long name: national day? what's that?

ReputationRep:
    do i know you?

ReputationRep:
    i think not. i'm from 79 btw. anyway you're one of 'em who always gets the prizes but i can't remember how you look like either. and i love mrs foo but she probably doesn't like me that much after finding out that i want nothing to do with bio or med.

also, i love my other science teachers but am disappointing the whole lot of them! muahaha!

ReputationRep:
    oops. did i just acknowledge the existence of... school?

ReputationRep:
    um. *waves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMS)
    thought i'd a popped in here too late but apparently not. why is this thread misleadingly called 'singapore kopitiam' when the first half of the entire thread is devoted to nus med. [email protected]#($&%*@ who here didn't apply to nus med BECAUSE they wanted nothing to do with it? *raises only hand around here*

anyway glad that conversation has taken a turn for the better. keep up the kopitiam talk: crap, hokkien vulgarities and the like.
    Did you actually read through all 560 posts (and counting) of this thread? :eek3:

That's 19 pages, and counting! :banghead:

In other news, hello all fellow Singaporeans.

ReputationRep:
    *yawns and stretches*

I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo-less: :gthumb: :p:

And in summary, my favourite drink is now the Ice Chocolate served at the bar of the premier cinema (*no* cinema i've seen in the world can compare to this one, trust me... not that i've seen/heard of anyway :p:) at Plaza Indonesia Entertainment X'nter in Jakarta. :p:

I'm ubertired now, and have to work tomorrow. :s:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.