Singapore Kopitiam Watch

Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whoa this place really IS dead! :\

Just thought I'd share with everyone that Wikitravel (http://wikitravel.org/en/Main_Page) has listed Singapore (http://wikitravel.org/en/Singapore) as November's Destination Of The Month!

Pretty cool really, and that article is highly informative as well!
vh2006
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Any Durham law students here?
acezhiquan
Report 13 years ago
hey...does anyone know of any good summer programs organised by U.K universites/instituitions for JC1-JC2 students during the june holidays/summer holidays?..
Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by acezhiquan)
hey...does anyone know of any good summer programs organised by U.K universites/instituitions for JC1-JC2 students during the june holidays/summer holidays?..
The U.S. has the Harvard Summer School but I think registration is closed already.

In fact, lots of companies which offer gap year placements close registration/applications really early, so you'd have to check very thoroughly.
acezhiquan
Report 13 years ago
thanks for the reply!
Nutter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEyqvZOstII :yy: :yy:
vh2006
Report 13 years ago
Anyone going to Nottingham for law?
soonalvin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I saw your post in HWZ. haha... i've got a friend doing law at durham. she loves it there.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by soonalvin)
I saw your post in HWZ. haha... i've got a friend doing law at durham. she loves it there.
How're you doing alvin? Exams must be over by now?
soonalvin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knogle)
How're you doing alvin? Exams must be over by now?
oh not quite. my papers are next week. and it's horrid. but i manage.
vh2006
Report 13 years ago
I saw your post in HWZ. haha...
It's a small, small world
i've got a friend doing law at durham. she loves it there.
Which college is your friend studying in and has she done any internship?
soonalvin
Rep:
?
(Original post by vh2006)
It's a small, small world

Which college is your friend studying in and has she done any internship?
well apparently not. i can ask for her college when i see her online later. she has lots of shopping though. gg to newcastle this weekend. hahah
vh2006
Report 13 years ago
Thanks!
kath123
Report 13 years ago
hello all! havent come here for quite some time heh. been loitering around e uni offers forum :p: hot season! anyone applyin for econ or applied for it?
knogle i c u ev where man. u practically appear in ev forum that i went to lol! someone is quite popular!
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by avril_elvina)
hello all! havent come here for quite some time heh. been loitering around e uni offers forum :p: hot season! anyone applyin for econ or applied for it?
knogle i c u ev where man. u practically appear in ev forum that i went to lol! someone is quite popular!
We just have common interests. Good luck with your E&M application! :yy:
Fa|ique
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vh2006)
Anyone going to Nottingham for law?
I'm in my first year reading Law...
vh2006
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fa|ique)
I'm in my first year reading Law...
Hi there, how do you find your workload so far? Besides that, will there be any mooting?
Fa|ique
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, there's about 12 hours a week of lectures, seminars once a week, and tutorials every fortnight. Workload is quite heavy, though not terribly so, but you will have to be disciplined to make sure you don't fall back, especially on your reading. I normally use my weekends to catch up on my work.

There is a mooting society, and you can choose to take part in the 1st year competitions if you want to.

All in all, pretty good in my opinion... Am really glad I gave up NUS for Notts.
vh2006
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Fa|ique)
Well, there's about 12 hours a week of lectures, seminars once a week, and tutorials every fortnight. Workload is quite heavy, though not terribly so, but you will have to be disciplined to make sure you don't fall back, especially on your reading. I normally use my weekends to catch up on my work.

There is a mooting society, and you can choose to take part in the 1st year competitions if you want to.

All in all, pretty good in my opinion... Am really glad I gave up NUS for Notts.
That's cool By the way, do you have a soft copy of your reading list for tort or criminal law?
Fa|ique
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, we just read Tort in our first year, criminal in our second. The reading list would pretty much be the textbooks and casebooks that we use, and I wouldn't encourage you to start reading those until you're actually at university. Maybe background reading into the Law would be more useful...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest