Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Him watch

Announcements

Ehm, just starting to listen to this band and I was wondering what everyone else thought of them? Worth listening to? If so, recommend some songs. Neigh? If that's the case, recommend some other bands:rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=182480

Ta-daaa.

I'd avoid them if I were you. :p: I'm sure the people of that thread will say otherwise. But yeah... I think they're a bit boring. Buried Alive By Love was good.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard em...but they sound bloody awful.

Try And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead...they're slightly emo, but also rather fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say they are one of the worse bands i've ever heard in my life ever

(Original post by serious narb)
    i'd say they are one of the worse bands i've ever heard in my life ever
    Aye, I listened to some of their songs, but they're abit um... I dunno, they seem quite unoriginal:confused:

Meh, recommend something else, I'm bored and need something good to listen to. Something harder, preferably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    Aye, I listened to some of their songs, but they're abit um... I dunno, they seem quite unoriginal:confused:

Meh, recommend something else, I'm bored and need something good to listen to. Something harder, preferably.
    From First to Last (get the 'Dear Diary...) album
    Underoath (the newer stuff)
    AFI
    Rise Against

then i suppose there is stuff like Trivium

can't think now...

ReputationRep:
    In Flames...

ReputationRep:
    Elvenking. Folk-Metal is the best genre ever

ReputationRep:
    I used to love HIM but have since moved onto other stuff. Best album they did was dark shadows and brilliant highlights imo

ReputationRep:
    Ehm, just starting to listen to this band and I was wondering what everyone else thought of them? Worth listening to? If so, recommend some songs. Neigh? If that's the case, recommend some other bands:rolleyes:
    No way! Never! Don't go there! They are not hard but more importantly they are awful and they are posers! Assault on the ears, mind, eyes, body, spirit and soul.

(Original post by serious narb)
    From First to Last (get the 'Dear Diary...) album
    Underoath (the newer stuff)
    AFI
    Rise Against

then i suppose there is stuff like Trivium

can't think now...
    *downloads*
    AFI is fairly good, but I want something abit harder preferably.

(Original post by heminder)
    In Flames...

Cos I don't already listen to them EVERYDAY:rolleyes: :eek:

(Original post by Elements)
    No way! Never! Don't go there! They are not hard but more importantly they are awful and they are posers! Assault on the ears, mind, eyes, body, spirit and soul.
    Alright, I'm not going there:eek: It's the kinda thing I would have liked last year when i was 14:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    *downloads*
    AFI is fairly good, but I want something abit harder preferably.

Cos I don't already listen to them EVERYDAY:rolleyes: :eek:

Alright, I'm not going there:eek: It's the kinda thing I would have liked last year when i was 14:ninja:
    :argh: for when you were 14. Look after yourself. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    HIM rock!

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case, recommend some other bands:rolleyes:
    HIM are gay, in my opinion. However, there is another Finnish band with a similar vocalist; they go by the name of For My Pain. Check them out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    HIM are gay, in my opinion. However, there is another Finnish band with a similar vocalist; they go by the name of For My Pain. Check them out!
    Gay? Nah...

I think they deliberately go for the 13/14 year olds. And girls love Ville. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Gay? Nah...
    Ville Valo got off with Dani Filth. Hahaha. Disgusting. I used to respect Dani Filth but he's turned into a total queer now. A typical "look at me, I'm so different" ******.

Maybe because Cradle Of Filth were suddenly all over Kerrang! TV and the younger kids loved the image and Dani played up to it all.

I'd love their music so much more if they took him away, actually. It'd be nice as instrumental stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Did the lead singer from HIM ever take off his hat? What is he hiding?

Greasy hair I expect.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.