Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

FireFox 1.5.0.2 released! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up so that you FireFox junkies can update your favourite browser.

Release notes available at http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.0.2.html.

ReputationRep:
    So what's new? I've not noticed anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    So what's new? I've not noticed anything.
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/relea...5.0.2.html#new

ReputationRep:
    OMGOMGOMG they updated firefox!!!!!!!!!

Lets talk all about it!!!!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :mad: Update mashed up firefox and wouldnt let me reinstall

Its sorted now though.

ReputationRep:
    As if I needed this post for me to get the latest version:
    pacman -Syu

thank you very much.

http://www.archlinux.org/packages.php?id=4236

ReputationRep:
    Mine came through auto.

ReputationRep:
    So...nothing different if you're a windows user? :/
    Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, I suppose.

*wonders if there's a Firefox society...and if not, why not*

ReputationRep:
    *wonders why no ones talking about the latest windows update which was released last night*

Given that security fixes are such a popular topic

ReputationRep:
    Firefox is mediocre. Internet Explorer 7 is the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banksy)
    Firefox is mediocre. Internet Explorer 7 is the best.
    IE 7 isn't released yet, and to be honest, theres no way I'm using a Beta of a product from Microdaft that connects to the internet. I value the security of my computer higher, thankyou very much.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I'll ever return to IE now that I've discovered FireFox. Even when IE7 goes out of beta with tabbed browsing.

ReputationRep:
    I stay away from both Firefox and IE. Use Opera instead. I don't like Firefox's interface, looks ugly if you ask me and it takes longer to startup then Opera.

ReputationRep:
    yo wuts ^ h4><0rz ?! :tux::tux:

ReputationRep:
    Opera's way too cluttered and loaded with useless features. FireFox is excellent with its extensions system.

ReputationRep:
    I use Firefox but I downloaded Opera last week and I think I like it more but I haven't really started using it properly yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    I stay away from both Firefox and IE. Use Opera instead. I don't like Firefox's interface, looks ugly if you ask me and it takes longer to startup then Opera.
    Yeah, despite how I have Firefox no my computer I still use Opera primarily. Though I've been using Windows & Firefox a lot recently due to me having to my database for Computing coursework in MS Access.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayEm)
    Does Opera still have ads up in the corner? I would have stayed with it if it werent for those. FF for me, IE i'm not a great fan of, hardly ever seemed to work downloading from ftp's etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lofty)
    Does Opera still have ads up in the corner? I would have stayed with it if it werent for those. FF for me, IE i'm not a great fan of, hardly ever seemed to work downloading from ftp's etc.
    As of September 20th 2005, Opera for Desktop (version 8.5+) is free. No banner ads nor Google ads are included, and thus there is no need to register Opera for Desktop platforms. However, Opera for Mobile still needs to be purchased.

http://www.opera.com/support/search/....dml?index=453

ReputationRep:
    anyone else having problems switching tabs wth the new version, or is it just my tablet thats messed up?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.