Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

reapplication references watch

    • Thread Starter

    if you re-apply, does your reference have to be from an old school teacher, or can it be from someone else, if so, who?

    Your reference doesn't have to be a former teacher.

    If you apply as an individual, you can pretty much use a reference from anyone, preferably someone credible (i.e. not your "best friend").

    (Original post by UCAS)

    Your referee should know you well enough to write about you and if you are
    suitable for higher education.We will not accept references from family, other
    relatives or friends.We cannot process your application without full details of
    a referee and their reference.

    If you have only recently left school or college, you should ask your
    headteacher, principal or an appropriate teacher or tutor to provide a reference.

    If you are a mature student, you should ask a responsible person who knows
    you to provide your reference. This could be an employer, training officer,
    careers adviser, a teacher on a recent relevant further education course,
    or a senior colleague in employment or voluntary work.
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.