Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I have two questions about the predicted grades section on the UCAS (I apply as an individual):

1. As I take the Romanian Bacalaureat and the grades range from 1 to 10 and not from F to A as the ones in UK do, will I be able to introduce them as numbers? Or do I have to introduce the equivalent (such as A for 9)?

2. Will my physics teacher (I will apply for physics) be able to introduce them for me? I believe that in this way they are more reliable.

Thank you very much in advance. I have to mention that I have searched about this problem of mine for a couple of hours and I could not find anything conclusive, so I am sorry if this was answered in a previous thread.

ReputationRep:
    Your predicted grades must go in the reference, so it's something for your referee to do, not you, and put in the original Romanian grades as they are given in your country. Universities are used to dealing with foreign qualifications and have their own equivalents. You don't have to translate them.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answer. But I saw on my Apply page, on Reference, that there is a section called predicted grades which is not part of the reference. When my teacher will fill in my reference must she insert the grades in that section separately?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabriel.cristian)
    Thank you for your answer. But I saw on my Apply page, on Reference, that there is a section called predicted grades which is not part of the reference. When my teacher will fill in my reference must she insert the grades in that section separately?
    Yes, iirc, but it's done through the referee's side of the form, with only them having access to it.

ReputationRep:
    And will my teacher be able to choose my grades as numbers, or use the letter system?

ReputationRep:
    And will my teacher be able to choose my grades as numbers, or use the letter system?
    S/he should enter the grades as you receive them in Romania. Don't try to convert them. The universities will do that.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you again for your prompt replies. However, what I wanted to say is if she will have the option of introducing the grades as numbers, not if she should or not convert them. I mean, in the predicted grades section, is she ABLE to introduce them as numbers (and not having to choose from some strict letter-options). If she is able to do that, she will surely not try to convert them or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you again for your prompt replies. However, what I wanted to say is if she will have the option of introducing the grades as numbers, not if she should or not convert them. I mean, in the predicted grades section, is she ABLE to introduce them as numbers (and not having to choose from some strict letter-options). If she is able to do that, she will surely not try to convert them or anything.
    I'm afraid I don't know that. I've only dealt with UK qualifications. I suggest you post in the international lounge forum for more useful advice. There seem to be quite a few Romanian students around.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you choose 'other' (or some equivalent) and because of the arbitrary grade definitions in different countries, you will be able to enter your grades as numbers

ReputationRep:
    I'll do that. Thank you so much for all your answers!

Later edit: I didn't see your post, Jam'. So that's how it works. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Do not try to convert your grades to letters.

We don't use a 10-point grading system so converting your numberical grades into letter grades may vary from uni to uni.

Unis will also base your offer according to your 10-point system. You won't, for example, get an offer of AAB (eg) instead, maybe 8,8,6

ReputationRep:
    Hello again. I have encountered a problem. In the predicted grades section there is only one box, even though I have entered 3 modules for my Diploma of Bacalaureat in Education section. Shouldn't there be a separate box for each subject (Physics, Mathematics and Romanian Language and Literature)?

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.