Legal__Eagle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hello Guys,

Im going to study law part time coming this September and wondered what jobs would compliment the degree.This is only if i couldnt get a job with the cps or hmcs etc

Any help would be much appreciated
killiefan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm studying law part-time and working full time and my advice to you would be to go for as undemanding a job as possible, as it is really hard work balancing work and studying and if you have less stress at work, my opinion is that it will be easier to study.

I've worked as a legal secretary prior to the job I am in now and found most of the firms I have worked for don't really help you out with leaving work early and suchlike for uni, plus the jobs I had were extremely stressful, court deadlines, bundles to prepare, or people constantly on the phone wanting to know about what was happening when I worked for a conveyancer.

My current job is a nice stress-free environment, I work flexi time so can leave early to travel to uni, if I need time off for coursework it's no problem and I find it far easier to concentrate on studying as I have no hassle at work.

Some people might disagree, but from the firms I have spoken to and worked for, the job you do whilst studying doesn't matter so much when you are part-time and a mature student, as they appreciate the extra effort you have to put in, as you have less time in lectures (around 1/3 of what full time students get), plus you have work and families as well.

Sorry to have gone on a bit, but I hope that helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (195)
52.85%
No (174)
47.15%

Watched Threads