The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Profesh
Yup.

Makes you realise how arbitrary his distinction is though, doesn't it?

your example was based on tradition...
My opinion?

Because I feel uncomfortable about it anyway, if I did it I'd feel degraded. I don't think it's degrading overall -- some couples may like that sort of thing, and it can help to spice things up, but I'd personally feel degraded, if that makes sense?
Profesh
Yup.

Makes you realise how arbitrary his distinction is though, doesn't it?
Very much so, which is what I've been trying to get across.

He can think what he thinks but he can't tell me that giving someone a blow job is drgrading myself.

I decide what degrades me.
Reply 203
LiverSwings

He can think what he thinks but he can't tell me that giving someone a blow job is drgrading myself.

well you cant use that against me since i never told you how to think.. i was gathering opinions.
Fleff
Whoopsy.

How many millions of people in the world will not find oral sex degrading?
How many will?

Once we've got a poll, got the majority, there's your answer as to whether or not it's degrading.
So this thread's pointless, as the world and his friend don't use TSR.

I'm not saying that everyone will or won't find it degrading but it is my assertion that there are a great number that would find it degrading.

A poll on TSR will not prove anything.

My question to you is this. If you gave oral sex to your b/f and he went around telling everyone how you did it and if you swallowed his semen etc, would you feel degraded?
lostinfantasies
My opinion?

Because I feel uncomfortable about it anyway, if I did it I'd feel degraded. I don't think it's degrading overall -- some couples may like that sort of thing, and it can help to spice things up, but I'd personally feel degraded, if that makes sense?
Thank you :smile:

So just to make it clear you are saying.

"If I didn't want to do it and then did I would feel degraded but if I wanted to do it and did, I wouldn't feel degraded. And if someone chooses to do that in the privacy of their homes it is not degrading."
Pretty Boy
My question to you is this. If you gave oral sex to your b/f
:eek: She better bloody not!! :p:
LiverSwings
:eek: She better bloody not!! :p:

But why? If you don't feel degraded then what is the big deal?
Pretty Boy
I'm not saying that everyone will or won't find it degrading but it is my assertion that there are a great number that would find it degrading.

A poll on TSR will not prove anything.

My question to you is this. If you gave oral sex to your b/f and he went around telling everyone how you did it and if you swallowed his semen etc, would you feel degraded?

Yes, I would. I'd then hit him, dump him, and eat lots of chocolate while feeling sorry for myself. I think something like a BJ is private. It's like a guy going around telling his mates how you are in bed.

And LiverSwings -- yeah, that's it :smile:. I feel uncomfortable doing it, so I probably would never do it anyway.
Reply 209
Anonymous
Nay! The mouth would not be directly related to the act of fertilisation. Biologically, that function is reserved solely for the penis and vagina.

Abject fallacy. Granted, biologically-speaking, those are the organs best evolved to facilitate the process of fertilisation; they make it pleasurable, and thus ameliorate what is otherwise a strictly functional process through incentivisation. However, 'fertilisation' per se only necessarily involves a sperm, an egg, and the amalgamation of chromosomes; by your logic, therefore, the penis is of no less incidental or arbitrary relevance to the consummation of such process than, per my example, the mouth. It just so happens that taking the former 'to task' can often be more, well, 'fun'. :wink:
Reply 210
Originally Posted by LiverSwings

He never said you were degrading yourself. He said he thinks it's degrading.
Pretty Boy
Maybe because then she'd be cheating on me :p:
Pretty Boy

She doesn't have a bf :wink:
lostinfantasies
Yes, I would. I'd then hit him, dump him, and eat lots of chocolate while feeling sorry for myself. I think something like a BJ is private. It's like a guy going around telling his mates how you are in bed.

This is my point.

Edit: And you do sound like good relationship material regardless of ur insecurities.
Monoxide
He never said you were degrading yourself. He said he thinks it's degrading.
You can't call an act degrading though. You can't say that "Eating tomato soup degrades people". You CAN say "I find eating tomato soup degrading" "I feel that eating tomato soup degrades me" but you can't say "Eating tomato soup is degrading. Anyone that eats tomato soup is degrading themselves"
LiverSwings
You can't call an act degrading though. You can't say that "Eating tomato soup degrades people". You CAN say "I find eating tomato soup degrading" "I feel that eating tomato soup degrades me" but you can't say "Eating tomato soup is degrading. Anyone that eats tomato soup is degrading themselves"

believe it or not eating tomato soup and sucking someone off and swallowing in the act of oral sex are two very different things that don't bear comparison.

You CAN call an act degrading. I.e. many say that anal sex on a female is degrading.

Or torturing and murdering someone is degrading.
Mangaroo
but it can be relevant on a personal level. it might not be the right word to use in some cases, but in this context i think it can still apply

Right, ok, lets get personal:

I don't find it degrading, my girlfriend doesn't find it degrading.
Someone on the internet does.

Another level up:

None of my friends find oral sex degrading.

And another:

No one I have ever met and get to know in real life sufficiently enough to know of their opinions on this matter, or got to know their sexual history has found it degrading.

How far up does it go until it's impersonal? How far up does it go until it no longer counts?
The fact that oral sex is a part of most peoples sex lives [shown by the multiple magasines such as Cosmo, and probably quite a few TV shows, and most of the people I know] usually can mean we're able to assume that the majority does not think it degrading unless some form of bondage is involved. And it isn't involved in this case. In which case, society does not see it as degrading. But a few people do. They're free to refuse oral sex on those grounds, I should be free to receive it or give it as and when me and my partner wish it to happen.
Agreed?

Whether or not it is degrading to themselves *is* one persons decision. Whether or not society sees it as degrading is everyone elses decision. But as far as I can see, society doesn't.
Reply 217
LiverSwings

Informed libertarianism: it's what makes me such a 'good' citizen/human being/boyfriend.
Pretty Boy
believe it or not eating tomato soup and sucking someone off and swallowing in the act of oral sex are two very different things that don't bear comparison.
Then replace eating tomato soup with giving a blow job.

My point is about opinions of degrading.

An act in itself can not be degrading, unless EVERYONE IN THE WORLD agrees on the matter.

As they don't all agree on the matter of oral sex, it is therefore an individual thing.
Reply 219
Profesh
Abject fallacy. Granted, biologically-speaking, those are the organs best evolved to facilitate the process of fertilisation; they make it pleasurable, and thus ameliorate what is otherwise a strictly functional process through incentivisation.

I agree...and have already said this...

Profesh

However, 'fertilisation' per se only necessarily involves a sperm, an egg, and the amalgamation of chromosomes; by your logic, therefore, the penis is of no less incidental or arbitrary relevance to the consummation of such process than, per my example, the mouth. It just so happens that taking the former 'to task' can often be more, well, 'fun'.

sexual organs are those that are involved in process of reproduction. If you want to argue the case for other organs other than the vagina and penis (ie mouth) being sexual organs, than you have to differentiate between the types of oral sex, whether it is used as stimulation, or as end.

Latest

Trending

Trending