The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

morningtheft
Erm, your right to do what you want ends where another person's body begins.

Would you also argue that it's wrong for a woman to tell a man not to do what he wants to do (to her), because it's "restricting him"?
Well obviously I meant if he wants her to ^o) - I mean a guy shouldn't stop a girl from doing what he wants just because he thinks it might be degrading her. If she wants to do it then it's not degrading.

Obviously her doing it even when the guy is uncomfortable is sexual assault

[EDIT] As is anyone doing something sexually that the other person doesn't want them to. I'm not stupid.
well then it depends how important it is to him to not degrade his girl friend, ie for an alternative sexual pleasure.

"if she wants to do it then its not degrading"

i dont think that really ties, i think this makes more sense:

"if she wants to do it then its not sexual assault"

:smile:
i doubt many women/men find giving/recieving oral sex degrading

:wtf?:

that's like saying having sex is degrading...
xXMessedUpXx

that's like saying having sex is degrading...

no its not. They are different acts...if you said, its like saying anal sex is degrading then its similar because they aren't sexual organs. think the op said something similar a few pages back.
xXMessedUpXx
i doubt many women/men find giving/recieving oral sex degrading

re-read the thread.

I think people need to accept that men and women are never equal when it comes to sex.
Why would anyone wanna do something that is degrading?? :mad:

You're really starting to bug me with this.

YES oral sex can be degrading
YES it should never be forced upon someone, emotionally or physical to give or recieve oral sex

BUT

If both parties want to do it. It is in NO way degrading to either of them.

I don't see why me giving sexual pleasure to another person because I WANT TO is in anyway degrading to me!!

I also believe that although there can quite easily be a sub/dom side to the whole thing, you can make it so it isn't like that. If I know someone well enough to give them oral sex or to recieve it off them, I trust them not to make it a situation where I would be in any way uncomfortable.
because they dont consider it to be degrading, or they have a slight incling that it is, but they dont care.

"If both parties want to do it. It is in NO way degrading to either of them."

you said that before, and it doesnt make sense. check up on what degrading really means, just to calirfy

it doesnt mean its degrading, and it doesnt mean that its not degrading if they both accept.

Eg

two people accept to go on all fours and walk around the highstreet naked while their friends (who agreed beforehand) decided to point and laugh at them .. its still degrading! (in this situation)
LiverSwings

I don't see why me giving sexual pleasure to another person because I WANT TO is in anyway degrading to me!!

Key words here are 'I don't see'

Wold you consider running down the street naked because it turns your boyfriend on degrading?
LiverSwings
Why would anyone wanna do something that is degrading?? :mad:

You're really starting to bug me with this.

YES oral sex can be degrading
YES it should never be forced upon someone, emotionally or physical to give or recieve oral sex

BUT

If both parties want to do it. It is in NO way degrading to either of them.

I also believe that although there can quite easily be a sub/dom side to the whole thing, you can make it so it isn't like that. If I know someone well enough to give them oral sex or to recieve it off them, I trust them not to make it a situation where I would be in any way uncomfortable.

Exactly

I think the OP is somewhat confused and believes the whole sub/dom thing is a common thing attached to oral sex. Which it reallt isn't, unlessyou chose to make it as such...

and sexuality really has bugger all to do with it..
I agree with you too, OP...
Pretty Boy

Wold you consider running down the street naked because it turns your boyfriend on degrading?

If she wanted to do it too, then no she probably wouldn't

Hence why she emphasised the point that if BOTH partners want to it isn't degrading...
Pretty Boy

lol similar examples :P
Personally I consider oral sex to be part of the whole 'package' which comes with a sexual relationship. I like giving (and receiving) oral sex because I love my partner's enjoyment of it. I like being able to do something for them which nobody else is doing as it gives a feeling of intimacy. Oral sex is something I chose to enjoy with a partner and I do not see it as being degrading if we are both willing participants.
Pretty Boy

If I WANTED TO DO THAT because it would turn a person on who I wanted to turn on. I wouldn't see it as degrading.

OK lets put it another way - IF I WANT TO DO IT IT IS NOT DEGRADING. IF I DON'T THEN IT IS.

People that do not want to give someone oral sex see it as degrading. People who do want to give someone oral sex do not see it as degrading. Therefore a guy should not stop a girl IF HIS ONLY WORRY IS DEGRADING HER.

In a perfect world no one would ever ask anyone to do anything for them sexually and then people would only do what they are comfortable with. But that's a stupid dream.

Am I making myself clear yet??
xXMessedUpXx
If she wanted to do it too, then no she probably wouldn't

Hence why she emphasised the point that if BOTH partners want to it isn't degrading...

So let me get this straight- you don't think running down the street naked for the pleasure of another person is degrading?
Reply 135
xXMessedUpXx
Exactly

I think the OP is somewhat confused and believes the whole sub/dom thing is a common thing attached to oral sex. Which it reallt isn't, unlessyou chose to make it as such...

and sexuality really has bugger all to do with it..

im not confused at all.. i think you dont understand what it means to be degraded. im not saying all people who think oral sex is not degrading are confused, just that you keep going on about this agreement with partners making it non-degrading, which has nothing to do with it, (see the two examples aboe)
Mangaroo
because they dont consider it to be degrading, or they have a slight incling that it is, but they dont care.

"If both parties want to do it. It is in NO way degrading to either of them."

you said that before, and it doesnt make sense. check up on what degrading really means, just to calirfy

it doesnt mean its degrading, and it doesnt mean that its not degrading if they both accept.

Eg

two people accept to go on all fours and walk around the highstreet naked while their friends (who agreed beforehand) decided to point and laugh at them .. its still degrading! (in this situation)
You wouldn't agree to do something if it was degrading, don't be an idiot.

And public nudity is in no way similar to oral sex.
LiverSwings
If I WANTED TO DO THAT because it would turn a person on who I wanted to turn on. I wouldn't see it as degrading.

OK lets put it another way - IF I WANT TO DO IT IT IS NOT DEGRADING. IF I DON'T THEN IT IS.

People that do not want to give someone oral sex see it as degrading. People who do want to give someone oral sex do not see it as degrading. Therefore a guy should not stop a girl IF HIS ONLY WORRY IS DEGRADING HER.

In a perfect world no one would ever ask anyone to do anything for them sexually and then people would only do what they are comfortable with. But that's a stupid dream.

Am I meaking myself clear yet??

So basically, you only think its degrading if you feel its degrading - regardless of what other people (incl. the other person) think?

Do you really believe this?
yeah, if you said "i dont think oral sex is degrading" thats fine. but saying that you dont think its degrading BECAUSE we both agree..is a flaw in logic.
Anon 9 here again! :biggrin:

Well I think, it's okay if the girl WANTS to be giving the bj to the bf and the bf is happy, but obviously there is going to be some reluctance between them - the girl might expect the guy to do the same for her, but the guy might not want to. But the guy may feel guilty and so would HAVE to give oral to her.

So the girl should only give the bj if they both are happy with it and vice versa.

Latest

Trending

Trending