Turn on thread page Beta

no sleep watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what is the longest amount of time you have gone with no sleep at all for? i managed 62 hours until ystrdy and was quite surprised that i wasnt really that tired.

ReputationRep:
    about 30.. not very impressive really but then my bed is one of my favourite places.. so why deprive myself!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any major stints, i did about 40 hours once when i came back from america.

I did 22 hours yesterday to watch the GP qualifying live.

ReputationRep:
    i never seem to go to sleep anymore, I kind of just lie there in the dark, thinking about stuff and can never sleep... it's getting really annoying, cos I end up being tired most of the time, and then collapse and fall asleep on the odd day at a stupid time... it's a vicious (sp) circle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    i never seem to go to sleep anymore, I kind of just lie there in the dark, thinking about stuff and can never sleep... it's getting really annoying, cos I end up being tired most of the time, and then collapse and fall asleep on the odd day at a stupid time... it's a vicious (sp) circle
    Ditto, I'm a chronic insomniac (though it seems the world and his wife is an insomniac these days.... *grumble grumble*).
    My worst is about 90 hours for a bet (which I didn't win).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitewitch)
    what is the longest amount of time you have gone with no sleep at all for? i managed 62 hours until ystrdy and was quite surprised that i wasnt really that tired.
    23 minutes

ReputationRep:
    sadly i have never pulled an all nighter or ne thing, i need sleep or i get a nasty headache and feel terrible the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    23 minutes
    Good lord, man! That poses a serious risk to your health!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    Good lord, man! That poses a serious risk to your health!
    we all need some sleep once in a while :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    we all need some sleep once in a while :cool:
    Oh, how true!!

ReputationRep:
    5 days.

ReputationRep:
    I've done about 50 hours but I love my bed and usually try to sleep as much as I can at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)
    5 days.
    What, 120 hours?

ReputationRep:
    Over 40 hours - this included two nights of heavy drinking and events which I don't remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Over 40 hours - this included two nights of heavy drinking and events which I don't remember.
    anyone watched shattered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    That's the best way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    What, 120 hours?
    By my calculations...

5*24=120.

...you are correct, sir, give or take a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkness)
    By my calculations...

5*24=120.

...you are correct, sir, give or take a few hours.
    Well bugger me! And there I was, thinking my 90-odd hours was impressive. Under what circumstances?

ReputationRep:
    24 hours - i couldn't manage another day, and as result lost quite a lot of money to my cousin

sleeping is one of my favourite hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I haven't done any major stints, i did about 40 hours once when i came back from america.

I did 22 hours yesterday to watch the GP qualifying live.
    Yeh same for me, although I have stayed awake about 48 hours before, you go through this period where youre so tired you want to die and then it gets better again.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.