The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Internet privacy in Bankside

Basically I am asking whether or Bankside accomm. can see what websites I am going on. Do they monitor it ?
For example if I start watching movies on my laptop, will

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Of course they can see it. You log on with a username and password...

The interesting question is whether they do look into it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
All internet traffic is logged somewhere. But this produces a mountain of information which no one has time to go through. It is only of potential use if there is a complaint made against you. The most likely cause would be from copyright holders seeking to prevent your use of file sharing software to distribute material they consider there’s

You have no doubt seen the Policy Statement on the use of Information Technology’, and this is quite specific about prohibitions on use.

If you are asking will they monitor your use of bandwidth for viewing a subscription based film service, the short answer would be probably not, it is unlikely that your usage would have a significant impact on available bandwidth. If however your activities do have an impact (for example the usenet), than any complaint of poor service would probably lead to an investigation which would (by way of the logs) show your usage.

I hope that helps.
Well if someone does look through my internet usage, I am ****ed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending