The Student Room Group

Girls intimidated by handsome guys

From what I've been told, I am an extremely attractive guy. People - women and men -stare at me wherever I go. Once had someone tell me I was one of the best looking guys they've seen. Yet when I'm at clubs and house parties, girls tend to avoid my stare and not talk to me whisking off in any direction. The tone of their voice also tends to be cold/indifferent.

Do any of you guys ever encounter such situations and how do you deal with them?

Scroll to see replies

Post picture please :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by gunnerlad
From what I've been told, I am an extremely attractive guy. People - women and men -stare at me wherever I go. Once had someone tell me I was one of the best looking guys they've seen. Yet when I'm at clubs and house parties, girls tend to avoid my stare and not talk to me whisking off in any direction. The tone of their voice also tends to be cold/indifferent.

Do any of you guys ever encounter such situations and how do you deal with them?

its not all about looks...you can be the best looking guy ever but if you have a **** personality girls wont like you.
Reply 3
People you meet at clubs and house parties are often very different to how they are when you meet them on a regular day out. I think us girls maybe see you as someone who they wouldn't just want to 'get with', or maybe just maybe they don't feel they have anything in common with you. A guy is genuinely more attractive when they share the same interests or have a personality someone likes/gets on with. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
I get this quite a bit actually. I've been told it is the machete in the sheath strapped to my back. I find smiling helps though.
I have an add on question to this:

Might girls also be intimidated by very big guys, here by big I mean those of a visibly athletic build i.e the gym regulars?

I personally find very attractive looking girls slightly intimidating, seeing them just makes me think they'll never go for me so often I just skip them altogether. However at the same time I'm also a very big guy so I'm wondering if there are any females out there that might be intimidated by me.
Reply 6
Ironically, I'm quite skinny (working on this) and only 5'5 yet get more attention than the 6' + jacked guys which I do find fairly odd myself.
Reply 7
Which surely begs the question whether girls are more attracted to/intimidated of a muscular build or a pretty face (but not both)
Reply 8

Maybe don't stare and leer at them?
Guys should stop assuming that girls give a **** about their looks.

Seriously, everyone is superficial. MEN are the ones that like looks. Women are more auditory.
Original post by platorepublic
Post picture please :smile:

I second this, let's see how handsome you really are :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by snakesnake

Might girls also be intimidated by very big guys, here by big I mean those of a visibly athletic build i.e the gym regulars?

I personally find very attractive looking girls slightly intimidating, seeing them just makes me think they'll never go for me so often I just skip them altogether. However at the same time I'm also a very big guy so I'm wondering if there are any females out there that might be intimidated by me.

Personally, I think guys with a muscular physique are attractive as it shows their obviously physically fit and in some way motivated. However, it can be intimidating I think because like you said you know they're attractive and possibly too good for you, so you don't even try and go for it.

I don't think anyone muscular is scary, they're just as easy to approach :P

(edited 11 years ago)

I'm quite small (5', size 8) so I may feel a little bit intimidated by a huge bodybuilder, but it really depends on the scenario.

Reply 14

If they are intimidated that is their problem, not yours. They will just have to get over it. There is no law against being intimidating - for example, I could dye my facial hair to a more feminine colour like yellow to look less intimidating, but I wouldn't do that.
Original post by Confirmation
I second this, let's see how handsome you really are :wink:

Right? I am still waiting...

You said one person said you are one of the best looking he or she has ever seen. You can't say something like that and not post some pictures (fake or real - we don't really care)
Original post by platorepublic
Right? I am still waiting...

You said one person said you are one of the best looking he or she has ever seen. You can't say something like that and not post some pictures (fake or real - we don't really care)

This. PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

*OP goes to google and types in 'hot guy' :wink: JK.
Yea dude all the time, I'm considered a bit of a local Adonis myself but the truth is I'm very lonely, handsome guys tend to get written off as arrogant and vain straight away and although I am extremely vain at times, it's a defense mechanism for my loneliness I feel your pain man, I think it's cause the girls just don't think they are worth your time.
Reply 18
Just because your mum think's you're the most handsome man in the world, doesn't make it true.

I'm 5"1 and have a very petite build so bigger/muscular guys do intimidate me. I have lots of friends and had a few boyfriends who are bigger and more muscular than the average guy but that's after I've got to know them. I think making yourself out to be friendly somehow, even by holding doors open or smiling etc would make you seem less intimidating. (that's just my opinion:colondollar:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending