dreambrook
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have recieved an offer from King's and I live in Ireland although I am Chinese, I do satisfy all the conditions for Home student fee status. However King's have categorized me as Overseas (ie paying for the 10 grand a year) and to contact them if they got it wrong before I accept the offer. The thing is I had no idea this was going to happen as I did state that I was counted as an EU National in the UCAS system and I accepted the offer. It was only today when I got my Kings letter that I found out. So do you think that now I've accepted the offer means that I will have to pay the higher fee even though they buggered up?

Has this happened to anyone...it's Good Friday and I can't ring them and my UCAS 14 days on reply is up on the 19th when the UCAS phoneline opens again..ugh

Anyone?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There's nothing you can do here except to call Kings up first thing Tuesday morning and inform them of your situation. I don't think they'd be so uptight about it and refuse to look into your case just because you've already accidentally accepted your offer.
global_warning
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What is a UCAS 14 days on reply? Please explain.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by global_warning)
What is a UCAS 14 days on reply? Please explain.
Generally once you have made a decision on UCAS, you have up to 14 days to revert by contacting UCAS.
dreambrook
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
That's good to know...thanx
global_warning
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
Generally once you have made a decision on UCAS, you have up to 14 days to revert by contacting UCAS.
Thanks a lot, that's a relief.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by global_warning)
Thanks a lot, that's a relief.
You're welcome. :beer:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
9.17%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10%
No, but maybe I will look into it (30)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (67)
55.83%

Watched Threads