hate_xams
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have been asked to give my Dads friend some advice on which computer he should get, it will mainly just be for surfing the internet, emails etc and some multimedia stuff for his children as well i think.

I had looked at this one from Mesh http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default...DUCT&KEY=81949 which seemed more than up to the task, but not too pricey.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what sort of spec they think i should aim for, bearing in mind that I don't want it to be too expensive, but still it has to be reasonably good so that its not instantly completely out of date.
PieMaster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That PC seems fine if you done want to go down the DIY route. The 6100 GPU will even play a few (basic) games like the Sims 2 etc if required.
hate_xams
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
That sounds good then, im not sure how much they are willing to spend, as i havent actually spoken to him yet, so i will see what he thinks when i do.
Sasuke!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
id say go to the to the computer fair as it will be much cheaper and you get a pretty good deal, i got mine at a comptuer fair for 190 excluding the monitor but they are dirt cheap anyways. i mean i got one similar to the one you linked, i went to stratford in east london near the train station!
G_H_G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by vincent)
id say go to the to the computer fair as it will be much cheaper and you get a pretty good deal, i got mine at a comptuer fair for 190 excluding the monitor but they are dirt cheap anyways. i mean i got one similar to the one you linked, i went to stratford in east london near the train station!
Thats really close to where I live . Just 5 stops away on the tube. Been there before just to have a look and theres some really good cheap stuff. Will probably go again in the summer before I go to uni to get a new PC. What were the specs of the computer you got?
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh yeah it has a lot of neat stuff, well it is sepron 2800, 80 gig HD, 128 NVIDIA Graphics cars, 700+ RAM (cant remeber exact) i think that it was a bargain. oh and it cam with about £300 worth of software!!!! which saved time for me as i didnt want to install it all the time!!!!
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
get a cheap acer from ebuyer
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by HagerVor)
get a cheap acer from ebuyer
dont give out crap advice!!!
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dont give out crap advice!!!
Not at all!

I spent £330 on an acer this time last year. Fantastic buy. Get soooo much for your money!
Sasuke!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh i though that Acer wer rubbish, using cheap parts and all that!!! similar to Packard Bell i had a computer from them and it was totally crap, using the crappest celeron D processor!!!! sorry :P
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh i though that Acer wer rubbish, using cheap parts and all that!!! similar to Packard Bell i had a computer from them and it was totally crap, using the crappest celeron D processor!!!! sorry :P
they used to be like that.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/product...x?GroupID=1383

just need to source a monitor in most instances...might be worth a look at some of them
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Acer still are rubbish. Just another crap OEM brand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13.13%
1 (89)
12.84%
2 (89)
12.84%
19.05%
22.37%
19.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed